FA Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuld give them a good game, but the big question is:...

Will Levien play his usual crapy cup formation (4-5-1) at home??:102: :102: with De Fridge terrorising the likes of King and Dawson:icon_roll

Which will change a possible upset on the cards to a highly exciting 0-0 draw!:038:

He mite do you know .................,

Probably will play 4-5-1 TBH. Be good to see Davids down at the Walkers though.

ScarboroughFox said:
Will Ryan Smith be back at Arsenal by the time Spurs come here?
Unless we extend his loan, and anyway it is unlikely Arsenal will let him play.

2 seasons running no prem sides together in the 3rd round.

2nd season running Manure have non league opposition.

2nd season Chelsea have a team from lower divisions with big money problems.

Is this some sort of conspiracy???

Haha conspiracy?

FA short of cash?
MAN U & Chelsea rich clubs easy path to late rounds?

Probably

But we got a lucrative draw so I am happy.

webmaster said:
If they extend the loan until the end of the season why wouldn't they let him play in the cup?
in the case that they have an injury crisis/suspensions and have to recall him on the weekend they have an FA cup semi final?:102:

Chrysalis said:
Haha conspiracy?

FA short of cash?
MAN U & Chelsea rich clubs easy path to late rounds?

Probably

But we got a lucrative draw so I am happy.

think about it, it practically ensures the final stays all premiership. When Millwall played the other year the FA lost loads on the TV rights. No fecker wanted it. Since then no prem clubs have met in the 3rd round.

Clubs from lower divisions with cash problems have met the big boys in round 3, Exeter and S****horpe last season and now the same this season. It ensures some of the struggling clubs to get some cash in the short term.
Bet Utd and Chelsea dont put out strong teams now eh?

As for us, not exactly lucrative, only if we fill the ground though. And the club have yet to release the ticket prices. Cup matches not included in season tickets......wait for the piss taking price to come

Boy Genius said:
think about it, it practically ensures the final stays all premiership. When Millwall played the other year the FA lost loads on the TV rights. No fecker wanted it. Since then no prem clubs have met in the 3rd round.

Clubs from lower divisions with cash problems have met the big boys in round 3, Exeter and S****horpe last season and now the same this season. It ensures some of the struggling clubs to get some cash in the short term.
Bet Utd and Chelsea dont put out strong teams now eh?

As for us, not exactly lucrative, only if we fill the ground though. And the club have yet to release the ticket prices. Cup matches not included in season tickets......wait for the piss taking price to come

I can see where your coming from with this, but isnt it a little hard to fix picking balls out of a bowl by hand? but surely the odds would be on at least one all prem tie.:102:

when the balls are drawn, they dont actually show the numbers of the balls, the two guys drawing them could have just said wotever number they wanted...

Graz said:
lol Dion thinks we're playing at White Hart Lane...

We will be if Tottering Hotspurts can get a draw at the Walkers.

lcfcrules said:
when the balls are drawn, they dont actually show the numbers of the balls, the two guys drawing them could have just said wotever number they wanted...
I thought they held them up to a 'second' camera so the numbers could be seen, not 100% on that one though.

webmaster said:
If they extend the loan until the end of the season why wouldn't they let him play in the cup?

I agree. If the loan is extended to the end of the season, I don't think the rules allow them to recall him - therefore there is no reason why he shouldn't play for us in the Cup.

fcukcov said:
I can see where your coming from with this, but isnt it a little hard to fix picking balls out of a bowl by hand? but surely the odds would be on at least one all prem tie.:102:

Thats what conspiracies are about...... it would be a useless thing if everybody could see through it. To me it just seems very very strange. Two season running with no all prem ties, and Utd getting non league opposition two season running.

bocadillo said:
I agree. If the loan is extended to the end of the season, I don't think the rules allow them to recall him - therefore there is no reason why he shouldn't play for us in the Cup.
Surely they can put any clause they want into the loan agreement. Okay we dont have to agree with the clause, but if we want to keep him, which IMO we do, then we may not have much choice but to agree to it.

fcukcov said:
... isnt it a little hard to fix picking balls out of a bowl by hand?

The theory is that some of the balls are a little hotter than the others - not difficult to arrange. Not that I subscribe to the theory.

bocadillo said:
The theory is that some of the balls are a little hotter than the others - not difficult to arrange. Not that I subscribe to the theory.
hmm interesting idea. There was a suspcious comment from the guy reading out the draws (cant remeber his name, the FA guy) when after he picked out Burton or Burscough he said something along the lines of, 'I know what your going to pick out.' to the guy picking the away draws.

fcukcov said:
Surely they can put any clause they want into the loan agreement. Okay we dont have to agree with the clause, but if we want to keep him, which IMO we do, then we may not have much choice but to agree to it.

I'm not sure whether they can. It is the player's registration that is being loaned and the FA/FL will have rules about it. I'll see if I can find it.

I'm pleased with the draw. We won't be expected to win, so the pressure will be off us. Should be decent crowd, although be interesting how much the club charge. Couple of ex forest players to have a dig at as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00