Family Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some seriously naive people here if they don't think primary school kids use swear words amongst themselves. Because they don't run up to the teacher and call them a **** doesn't mean they don't swear or are not aware of naughty adults/kids who do swear.

What does everyone in the family stand do when there is a quite obvious chant being sang by the away fans or the home fans very loudly and very clearly?

Iv'e been swearing with excellent effect for a while now, I still don't do it in front of my parents though, do you think they know?
My dad knows I swear. I tell him to **** off whenever I see him.

Some seriously naive people here if they don't think primary school kids use swear words amongst themselves. Because they don't run up to the teacher and call them a **** doesn't mean they don't swear or are not aware of naughty adults/kids who do swear.

Absolutely. I've been working in schools now for the best part of 18 years, primary and secondary and can assure you that the kids know and use language every bit as colourful as adults. Anyone who believes differently is naïve indeed.

Absolutely. I've been working in schools now for the best part of 18 years, primary and secondary and can assure you that the kids know and use language every bit as colourful as adults. Anyone who believes differently is naïve indeed.

Can't speak for secondary or inner city schools but I'd disagree all day on the primary schools that I know. I have had kids well on their friend for saying farther before. Even if they do use words to each other, it'll still be nowhere near as bad as at football.

What does everyone in the family stand do when there is a quite obvious chant being sang by the away fans or the home fans very loudly and very clearly?

Iv'e been swearing with excellent effect for a while now, I still don't do it in front of my parents though, do you think they know?

Hey, woah there Lako. I didn't say anything about kids in general, I just entered the debate about what people had heard while they were at primary school. I've no idea what my kids hear there and I can't stop it either, it's just part of growing up. All I said was that I didn't hear much at primary school. I guess the mean streets of Melton Mowbray just weren't that mean where I went to school.

Hey, woah there Lako. I didn't say anything about kids in general, I just entered the debate about what people had heard while they were at primary school. I've no idea what my kids hear there and I can't stop it either, it's just part of growing up. All I said was that I didn't hear much at primary school. I guess the mean streets of Melton Mowbray just weren't that mean where I went to school.

I wasn't really talking about you, you Porky bugger.

I'm not naive...

I know kids swear - I used to be one...

My point is I find it unacceptable in an environment designated for families...

I'm not naive...

I know kids swear - I used to be one...

My point is I find it unacceptable in an environment designated for families...

A football match has never been an en environment for families, there are chants that families will find offensive from the away area and sections of the home support, it is clearly heard.

Ear plugs to save the children?

A football match has never been an en environment for families...

I beg to differ. In my time if a group of youths were being boisterous/foul-mouthed in close proximity to young children, adults would and could tell them to desist - and if that wasn't successful, they would clip their ears. Nowadays such action would be likely to escalate the situation and the adults would be risking police action or writ.

--
Boc (who once had his ear clipped by Gordon Banks)

I can't see anything wrong with one stand or part of trying to be more of a family orientated area than the three remaining stands.

I want to protect my son from the world as long as I can to hopefully allow him to be a child and be brought up to the beast of my ability.

Protecting him from foul language is part of this, and I can't see an issue with people in the stand being respectful of this.

I can't see anything wrong with one stand or part of trying to be more of a family orientated area than the three remaining stands.

I want to protect my son from the world as long as I can to hopefully allow him to be a child and be brought up to the beast of my ability.

Protecting him from foul language is part of this, and I can't see an issue with people in the stand being respectful of this.

Is this small group in question really that bad though? When I have sat in the family stand I have not noticed anything as bad as what is being portrayed here.

I just find the idea of wanting to protect children from the horrible (real) world and taking them to a football match a strange combo.

As I have said before, the chants which clearly contain swear words can be heard from other parts of the ground very clearly.

Is this small group in question really that bad though? When I have sat in the family stand I have not noticed anything as bad as what is being portrayed here.

I just find the idea of wanting to protect children from the horrible (real) world and taking them to a football match a strange combo.

As I have said before, the chants which clearly contain swear words can be heard from other parts of the ground very clearly.

It perhaps wouldn't be so bad if this group was behaving in the way that people at football matches ordinarily do. The truth is though that they have chosen this area to be near the away fans and to be provocative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669