Fans Consultative Committee meeting last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesoh

Just a few brief notes from last night’s meeting. There will be a full set of minutes published on the OS.

1) QPR match/ L1
The SAG are putting pressure on the club to do something about this section (please note, it is the SAG, not the club here), especially in light of the events during the QPR game, exacerbated by what occurred during the Leeds game. The FCC agreed that the most extreme options would not be productive, and it has also been pointed out that the stewarding and policing is too heavy-handed at times. The comment on the away fans guide for the WS has been noted and will be passed on at the next SAG meeting.

2) Pre-match and half-time entertainment
The music still isn’t whipping the crowd up as much as seen at other clubs. The feeling is (not my own) an anthem is needed, like HI Ho Silver Lining at Wolves, Annie’s Song at Sheff Utd etc. Only two of us don’t like the music being played right up until KO. We’ve both had negative feedback from other fans too, but I’m afraid to say it’s staying. We also tried getting the music when we score stopped, but again were in the minority (not that we’ve had to endure it much this season :p ).
The Birch is still around on matchdays. H e will be out at half-times, but the Club are trying different things out, this has been requested by fans who have contacted the club.

3) Future matches
There’s the Kids for a Quid game, ST offers etc. The Remembrance game is happening again this year.
The Club want to try and encourage as many fans to come to the game as possible, and have tried some of these offers, but are mindful that they don’t want to devalue ST’s in the process. The consensus among the FCC is that the gates will increase when we start getting results!

4) Megastore
Any feedback on the Megastore, particularly on matchdays would be appreciated.

5) AOB
Items mentioned included parking (The DSA would be interested in any car parking spaces available at the WS, even if it is just for one game as membership is now over 100. The Club said that they will find more spaces for them, but I think it’s worth mentioning anyway).
Exiting the ground, in particular the Kop - apparently it’s the last stand to empty. The access tunnel in the SE corner is open, so people sitting in the lower part of the stand can use, but apparently people are still going up to use the stairs and concourse to exit as the perception is this is quicker.
Kiosks - lots of complaints. Lindley has been asked to display the Supporters Hotline Number in the kiosks, which will no doubt generate even more complaints.
Blackpool game - some people have been understandably unhappy about relocating for this game. It was mentioned that there would be some ST holders unaffected who would be just as unhappy if seats weren’t reserved in their sections. Nothing concluded except that whatever the Club did, someone would be upset.
Smoking - still some problems, but the concourses were much fresher! Again heayy-handed stewarding was mentioned, and the way the stewards at Derby dealt with the situation politely was mentioned.

LeeH said:
Only two of us don’t like the music being played right up until KO. We’ve both had negative feedback from other fans too, but I’m afraid to say it’s staying. We also tried getting the music when we score stopped, but again were in the minority (not that we’ve had to endure it much this season :p ).

Thanks for that Lee, I'm absolutely mystified why some people want the music right up to second before the kick off and after a goal is scored - that was about the only time there was any noise and they've killed it. :102:

Thanks for trying anyway. :038:

Thanks Lee. ;) :023:

What is SAG?

LeeH said:
Some of the stuff coming out of the SAG, I wouldn't be surprised!!
There's no need for any of that at this time of the morning...

LeeH said:
Oops, I'm not too late am I?
A little, but I think you just about got away with it...;)

For my sins I am on the aformentioned SAG, so if anyone would like their views putting forward you can be sure I won`t hold back ! without the opinions of fans we`re a waste of time really so get busy with "constructive" issues and let`s try to make a difference.

mad biker said:
For my sins I am on the aformentioned SAG, so if anyone would like their views putting forward you can be sure I won`t hold back ! without the opinions of fans we`re a waste of time really so get busy with "constructive" issues and let`s try to make a difference.

MB's safety advice:

Race motorbikes!!!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675