Favourite Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
biffbean said:
its not real its onllllly a movie :098:
It's always nice when the irony isn't lost on the recipient :icon_wink :icon_razz

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Godfather 1 & 2
Carlito's Way
Heat
Seven
The Jackal

surely you mean day of the jackal, and not the rubbish Richard "i'm a leprichaun" Gere remake. :eek:

Last edited:
Rayvon said:
surely you mean day of the jackal, and not the rubbish Richard "i'm a leprichaun" Gere remake. :eek:

'Fraid to admit that apart from the rather crap accents, I did actually enjoy the film ' The Jackal'. Sorry :biggrin:

The good, the bad and the ugly is right up there.

MKFox said:
The good, the bad and the ugly is right up there.

then i suggest you go the toilet

;)

Hazzman said:
Yes, I wanted to like it but didnt. I found it over-sappy and tried to re-create the atmosphere of Lost In Translation.

See know I didn't like lost in translation. I watched it with very high expectations (after Garden State) and just found it slow. I like films that are very real, with Garden State none of the cliches of normal film occur, he gets the girl, doen't do anything stupid to ruin it, nothing majorly tragic occurs, his mother dying is played down. I think it is one of my all time favourites.

Did you catch Life Aquatic?

beighton155 said:
Did you catch Life Aquatic?

That film was so far up its own arse it came out the other side! The Royal Tenenbaums pushed the pretentious meter pretty high but The Life Acquatic set whole new levels.

48033917_94ac35b4e4.jpg

Ox Fox said:
That film was so far up its own arse it came out the other side! The Royal Tenenbaums pushed the pretentious meter pretty high but The Life Acquatic set whole new levels.

I just didn't get it! I don't know if it was aimed more at my dads age, but I got the impression that there was some sort of spoofing of style going on, but whoosh!

Would like to take this opportunity to recommend Broken Hearts club, but do not watch if you are a homophobe, you will just end up slagging it off!

lord of the rings trilogy
good fellas
usual suspects
godfather
fear and loathing in las vegas
the warriors
man on fire
the pianist (amazing)
the others
goodbye charlie bright
friday
next friday