Gigs Festivals 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

Anyone going to any?

I think I'm off to Sonisphere this summer. BG, you fancy it? Metallica, Slayer, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Weezer and Biffy Clyro are the headliners.

Going to Glasto for the 5th time and also 2000trees for a stag do, hopefully will have just about recovered from Glastonbury!

I'd like to get to High Voltage this year especially as Queensryche are on. Mrs SJN wants to go and see Jon Big Jobbie at Hyde Park.

Anyone going to any?

I think I'm off to Sonisphere this summer. BG, you fancy it? Metallica, Slayer, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Weezer and Biffy Clyro are the headliners.

Er, how? :102: Since when have Weezer and Biffy been rock? Two poor headliners if you ask me, which you didn't, but never mind.

Off to Download, looking forward to seeing KoRn again, Linkin Park not too fussed about, but really cant wait for SOAD, Down, Disturbed and Rob Zombie!!!

Anyone going to any?

Bloodstock is top of my list and also going to Graspop in Belgium. Still waiting on my Wacken tickets too. If they fail to appear I will consider MetalCamp.

After seeing Rob Zombie the other night I am very close to buying tickets for Download

I'd love to do Benicassim this year. Shit hot line-up.

aye, that looks the business!

I'd love to go again, it's just far too expensive. 2009 set me back a grand all in.

I'd highly recommend it, I had the best time of my life both times I went. 2008 was probably the best week I've ever had, it was brilliant. 2009 was not so good due to having to miss a night of the festival because of the bad weather! If you do decide to go, I'll give you all the info you need. :icon_wink

It is a cracking line up, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Portishead, The Streets, Elbow, Primal Scream, Mumford and Suns, Pendulum.... quality. Seeing Elbow with the sun setting in 2009 was just amazing.

Best two of the six if you ask me, which you didn't, but never mind. :icon_wink

Are Biffy the band that covered Matt Cardles song?

:icon_wink

Off to Glasto for the 9th time in a row (except 2006 when there wasn't one).
Line up looks crap but, unlike other festivals, that doesn't matter at Glasto.

Last edited:
Best two of the six if you ask me, which you didn't, but never mind. :icon_wink

Don't get me wrong, I like Weezer, but I just don't think they fit. And Biffy headlining is a joke!

Having seen Metallica, Megadeath and Slayer, the only obvious choice is Download, although I would like to see Slipknot.

Don't get me wrong, I like Weezer, but I just don't think they fit. And Biffy headlining is a joke!

Having seen Metallica, Megadeath and Slayer, the only obvious choice is Download, although I would like to see Slipknot.

I wasn't a big fan of Biffy Clyro when I saw them at V in 2009, but I saw them again at Reading last year and they really impressed me.

And Weezer are just pure good fun live.

I wasn't a big fan of Biffy Clyro when I saw them at V in 2009, but I saw them again at Reading last year and they really impressed me.

And Weezer are just pure good fun live.

Biffy are the one band there that I really don't give a shit about. I'll be seeing them in the summer anyway supporting the Foo Fighters.

The main reason why I'm going is to see Limp Bizkit, sad I know. Always wanted to see Slipknot and Weezer, and Metallica are a must-see live band that I haven't yet had the chance to see.

Leeds/Reading line-up announced

Headliners are Muse, The Strokes and My Chemical Romance.

Other acts include Pulp, Elbow, 30 Seconds To Mars, Interpol, The National, Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Madness.

Looks decent on the whole.

Leeds/Reading line-up announced

Headliners are Muse, The Strokes and My Chemical Romance.

Other acts include Pulp, Elbow, 30 Seconds To Mars, Interpol, The National, Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Madness.

Looks decent on the whole.

only 30STM are any good out of that bunch.

Get yourself down to Bloodstock man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570