Fifa 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the transfers up to date :102:

Well, up until 26th August. Don't understand why Fifa don't do it until the end of the tranny window.

Quite a similar game to the last one, not quite as easy which is good, a few new bits but still a very good game.

Suppose I may as well download the demo as it is free but shouldn't think Ill be buying the full version as they are usually piss poor IMO.

I haven't liked playing Fifa games since Fifa '98, and even then ISS was still better!! ;)

Can anyone whos got it answer these questions for me please?

-Is it harder?
-Is the goalie better? In 07 when the goalie saved it he gave it to the opposition to score.
-Is holland on there?
-Is it worth paying 30 quid out for it or should i stick to fifa 07 if ive updated the transfers?
-Is it true ronaldo has a speed boost?
-Is carrick still blonde on it?

Will buy it for the 360 next week, I'm prepared to give it a chance.

Do so.

I've got it on the 360 and, with HD, its looks great.

I must say though the 'squad' system is strange. It seems I do transfers and edit players (e.g. change player's boots, untucked/tucked shirts etc.) and they just go back to how they were when I'm in manager mode.

Sorted it out now but I dont know how. I think its because it loads the default squad file when you start/return to the game from manager mode.

One tip is to do the be a pro offline training and get some points that you can spend in the fan shop.

I did this with Matty Fryatt and it was awesome, got loads of points and spent it to unlock the actual Adidas boots that N'Gotty and Stearman wear ;)

Anyone got it for PS3? Can find the 'Be A Pro' training mode, just wondered how you do a career thingy mode on the 'Be a Pro'?

Can anyone whos got it answer these questions for me please?

Oh go on then!

-Is it harder?

Yes. I've gone from beating every team from 3-0 to 7-0 on world class on Fifa 07 to finding it hard to get a win on world class on Fifa 08 (let alone trying the new legendary setting). Makes manager mode a real challenge - I'm the manager of Leicester, bought some real quality players but currently struggling hanging around 17th/18th spot.

-Is the goalie better? In 07 when the goalie saved it he gave it to the opposition to score.

Yes the goalies are better - I dont think I've had one game yet when I've scored from the keeper palming it out to me. They catch the ball instead of 'parrying' it.

-Is holland on there?

If you mean the country Holland then I havnt tried the internationals yet, but I would presume so.

-Is it worth paying 30 quid out for it or should i stick to fifa 07 if ive updated the transfers?

That, my friend, is completely upto you ;)

-Is it true ronaldo has a speed boost?

Dont think so but I think he's the best player on the game with an overall skill of 90.

-Is carrick still blonde on it?

Havnt checked yet, but I wouldnt have thought so.

No problem.

I cant tell you guys the amount of effort EA has put into making this as real as possible.

But the thing that really forces me to tear my hair out about this game is the silly little things such as afternoon matches on a Wednesday when they should be night matches e.g. Carling Cup / Championship.

Another thing is the ground that Leicester and other Championship clubs play in is just so not an English football ground. Its got two big net/fences at both ends, with a big screen at one end and both ends behind the goal havnt got a roof above them. Looks like a ground Portugal would play a home game in. Just stupid.

Compare these things to the attention to detail such as the actual blue/gold mitre ball WITH the Leicester badge on it is just remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669