Fifa 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difficulty levels seems way out. I went on intermediate and can't score for toffee and shipped loads of goals but on beginner I won 5-0 and 6-0 against Barca. No middle ground. Not tried expert yet.

Change it in the game settings once you get past the first menu on the demo. There's 5 difficulty levels, but it only gives you a choice of 3 for some reason.

Just thought I would point out the ea sports director is a Leicester fan :)... Also Beckford has 92 pace on this game!

Just thought I would point out the ea sports director is a Leicester fan :)... Also Beckford has 92 pace on this game!

That has really cheered me up.

Just finished downloading and I have to say the Leicester team is perfect. The faces look great and there is a huge improvement to the kits, Michael Owen signed 3 hours before the transfer window closed :icon_wink

Last edited:
Played one game this morning, Kasper let in almost every shot and fumbled the others. Tackling is definitely difficult but I can see the benefits of the new system. Crossing seems tricky too. I may have to drop down to Professional for a bit...

Gonna try and pick this up on the way home from work from ASDA, I doubt it'll have sold out.

My copy arrived today, mainly playing online season thing. Which I find a bit odd- you don't know who you are playing until kick off (incredibly annoying how many times I have played Man City!) and I can imagine i am going to get some kind of horrible kit clash today.

At the moment I am still getting used to it but there definitely seems to be some positives- for one you can now seem to score more easily by hitting the ball across the face of the goal. Too often before whenever you tried to do this the goalie would always save it or you would put it horrendously wide. Dribbling seems to be a lot better too, I had some great fun with Robben earlier. Also i've scored a couple of volleys which is nice.

Finding tackling difficult, and also crossing as I think Nathan mentioned. Also I find this new impact system thing a bit bizarre. One time my defending went up for a header and got taken out leaving the opposition through on goal!

Also Joe Hart is Dino ****ing Zoff on this.

My copy arrived today, mainly playing online season thing. Which I find a bit odd- you don't know who you are playing until kick off (incredibly annoying how many times I have played Man City!) and I can imagine i am going to get some kind of horrible kit clash today.

At the moment I am still getting used to it but there definitely seems to be some positives- for one you can now seem to score more easily by hitting the ball across the face of the goal. Too often before whenever you tried to do this the goalie would always save it or you would put it horrendously wide. Dribbling seems to be a lot better too, I had some great fun with Robben earlier. Also i've scored a couple of volleys which is nice.

Finding tackling difficult, and also crossing as I think Nathan mentioned. Also I find this new impact system thing a bit bizarre. One time my defending went up for a header and got taken out leaving the opposition through on goal!

Also Joe Hart is Dino ****ing Zoff on this.

I like how it selects opposition teams (not just users) with a similar ability. It means you can play as lower league teams and actually stand a chance. The prmotion/relegation for online is much better than the old 'levels', it makes you want to win more.

I like how it selects opposition teams (not just users) with a similar ability. It means you can play as lower league teams and actually stand a chance. The prmotion/relegation for online is much better than the old 'levels', it makes you want to win more.
Can't argue with that.

I agree, however I dislike when it tells me after losing my first two that I'm a relegation candidate, not what we need for team morale!

I've not played head to head online yet! Just been playing online friendlies with friends (love the mini leagues) and Ultimate Team.

Earnshaw is an absolute beast for my UT Championship team. 26 goals in 15 games.

The crossing is messed up and difficult because its default setting is to manual crossing by the way. Go into the settings and switch to semi-assist or assist and you'll be back to what you're used to :)

Last edited:
I've not played head to head online yet! Just been playing online friendlies with friends (love the mini leagues) and Ultimate Team.

Earnshaw is an absolute beast for my UT Championship team. 26 goals in 15 games.

The crossing is messed up and difficult because its default setting is to manual crossing by the way. Go into the settings and switch to semi-assist or assist and you'll be back to what you're used to :)

Yeah have to say I do enjoy having the leagues between friends, and also the head to head seasons format is good too. I seem to have less people quitting against me now- i dont know if this is to do with the format, but whatever it is I am pleased.

Just played a h2h season game against genk with city- scored an absolute beauty with beckford dribbling in and out of defenders- could never do that on any old fifa.

My main annoyance is that players can still intercept the ball when facing the complete opposite direction though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566