Filbert Street Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

Last edited:
Swede Fox has got a copy. I've got a copy. I think Notts has an iffy-copy. I listen to it all the time.

All together now:

The Tank, the Tank, the Tank
Graham Cross he is the daddy
Of this Leicester City team
With a turah turah laddy
etc

The guy who helped fund that record originally was a friend of my mum and dad's

He thought he'd make a fortune when we got to the Cup Final in 1974 I think??

But we lost to Liverpool in the semis and he still had a garage full of them ten years later....

Swede Fox has got a copy. I've got a copy. I think Notts has an iffy-copy. I listen to it all the time.

Macky also now has a copy. I don't think I'm going to be listening to it all the time though, in all fairness

Macky also now has a copy. I don't think I'm going to be listening to it all the time though, in all fairness

That was the most fun I've ever had listening to shit music in my life, apart from burning my thumb with the lighter

Well, I believe it's not the best music ever made and I can probably think of more talanted musicians than these...
I had a voucher on Amazon so I thought I would as well get it. There are some seriously crap songs on there but some of them are actually quite listenable. I wouldn't get near it if it wasn't Leicester, but then again it IS Leicester so that makes it all worthwile.:icon_bigg

I particularly like the Frankie Worthington song (not sure what the title is).

Well, I believe it's not the best music ever made and I can probably think of more talanted musicians than these...
I had a voucher on Amazon so I thought I would as well get it. There are some seriously crap songs on there but some of them are actually quite listenable. I wouldn't get near it if it wasn't Leicester, but then again it IS Leicester so that makes it all worthwile.:icon_bigg

Which raises the question, why are you Leicester SwedeFox?

Is it our reputation as the greaest football team of all time ever or the charismatic and handsome fans?

Just found this on Amazon, anyone got a copy?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Filbert-Str...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1253565946&sr=8-1

I've had a listen, it's hilarious! I must say, I miss the days when football didn't take itself so seriously...

For anyone who's interested, here's one of the tracks - This is the season for us...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNJQ0NJzXY[/YOUTUBE]

Remember my sister playing this song before going to the Blackburn Play Off Final, always gets in my head when I pass Filbert Street.

Is it our reputation as the greaest football team of all time ever or the charismatic and handsome fans?

He was hooked after he heard the Filbert Fox song, who wouldn't be?

The first City fans I ever met outside Sweden were Bocadillo and Nottingham Fox, draw your own conclusions.

The first City fans I ever met outside Sweden were Bocadillo and Nottingham Fox, draw your own conclusions.

Which raises the question, why are you still a Leicester fan SwedeFox?

:icon_wink

Which raises the question, why are you still a Leicester fan SwedeFox?

:icon_wink

It was actually my Dad who started supporting them in the 70's when we apparently were quite good. There was a show on SVT (the Swedish equivalent to BBC) where one First Division match was shown every Saturday at 3pm. This started in 1969 and went on for 30 years or so.

This was (again, apparently - I wasn't born then) pretty much the only live football on TV and that's why there are many, many Wolves fans, Leeds fans, Sheffield Wednesday fans etc etc in Sweden.

Frankie Wortho ****s your Mrs.

I bet Lazzer knows the words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572