Final game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey you're up early BM, getting the house all tidy for someone special? :icon_lol:

Naaah! He's doing his predictions - just like you've just done.

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else on the forum (apologies if it has) but I've just noticed that following the change, both us & tigers (they kick off at 3pm) are playing at home on 7th May. As both theirs and ours are the last games of football/rugby seasons neither game can be moved.

Intrigued to see what local authorities (who are adamant that both clubs can't play at home on the same day) deal with/make of it. Possible precedent for future seasons when city/tigers home games clash.

Since the thugby fixtures are announced after the football fixtures, it's well within the ability of the Premiership authorities to avoid this.

As much as it pains me to defend the eggchasers, its the football league at fault. When the rugby fixtures were published the last day of the championship was on 8th may. But bbc/sky have flashed the tv cash & the games have moved to 7th.

I think what BM means(and even if he doesn't it's what I think!) is that the eggchasing people in charge can easily make sure that we never have home league games on the same weekend.

Could they make it so that the Tiggers play away league games when we have home ones? Clearly they can do this, as they have no choice but to do so for those clubs who groundshare.

As much as it pains me to defend the eggchasers, its the football league at fault. When the rugby fixtures were published the last day of the championship was on 8th may. But bbc/sky have flashed the tv cash & the games have moved to 7th.
Actually I'd forgotten this. The rugby lot can't reasonably be expected to have predicted the FL switching the last day of the Championship to a Saturday.

I think what BM means(and even if he doesn't it's what I think!) is that the eggchasing people in charge can easily make sure that we never have home league games on the same weekend.

Could they make it so that the Tiggers play away league games when we have home ones? Clearly they can do this, as they have no choice but to do so for those clubs who groundshare.
But yes, that too.

A fair point regarding home games but then I guess the rugby fixture planners didnt expect the football league to shift the last day of the season from sunday to saturday to accomodate tv money; so would have assumed our game was definite sunday k.o.

Is TV money really to blame? Surely the last games of the season would have been on TV regardless. They have been in previous years.

But as I said, they KNEW we were at home that weekend, so could easily and put Tiggers away anyhoo, no matter the chance of a datechange by our lot.

Same as on Boxing Day, only in the last couple of seasons have the eggchasers played League games then(before it was either friendlies or for the tiggers the traditional Baa-baas game) yet for the last two season the RFU have put the Tiggers at home when we've already been put at home by our League.

Easy enough to say-well take it in turns swapping the match(not that we did for either of them) but really, the situation should not be an issue imo if the RFU did the same with the Tiggers fixtures as they do with any of their groundsharing clubs. It wouldn't matter if we were on opposite sides of the city but we aren't.

Last edited:
Anyhoo I'm sure lots of people are glad it's not on the Sunday anymore(I am!)

Am also glad that the game is on the saturday but am puzzled that as the last day of the season has been on a sunday for a number of years that this season bbc/sky need it to be moved for them to show the games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670