Financial Fair Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

H T B

Forest's results in the 2011/12 season were a loss of £12.2m, just over FFP limits for that season (remember ours was £29.7m in comparison). Their wage bill had risen to £17.6m (ours was £27.7m for the same period).

We don't know what Forest's finances were like for season 2012/13. They would have allowed to lose £10m last year & meet FFP as long as the owners invested £6m. If they were closer to a break even state, then if their owners were willing to provide the maximum £5m investment allowed this season & they "aimed" for a £3m loss, they could still be meeting the FFP criteria with an £8m punt.

In our case, we were starting from a massive loss situation, based on 2011/12 figures, and while that loss should have reduced last season (having removed wages like Mills etc), there was still an apparent need to pump in £15.6m from the owners, it's a big shift for us to achieve FFP this season

So if we fail to meet the requirements, and somehow, don't get promted, do we get a points deduction for next season, or do they look at out books, see we have made a bloody good effort at coming into line and slap us on the wrist?

Wouldn't like the next manager to start on negative points ;)

M17TT C

Seems like sour grapes from a club slowly sliding back to where they came from imo because they can t get the investment they want.

homer

Sounds like crystal balls are popular in Brighton

I believe so - I'm sure alex said he got his hands on some lovely balls when he went down there for a weekend away

The Walrus

The answer to this is really simple. World football needs to wake up and stop paying ludicrous salaries to grown men who kick balls around for a living. Until there is a wage cap clubs are going to talk themselves into debt.

Blaarev

The answer to this is really simple. World football needs to wake up and stop paying ludicrous salaries to grown men who kick balls around for a living. Until there is a wage cap clubs are going to talk themselves into debt.
You don't speak too much. But when you do speak, you speak sense!

FryattFox

If people are willing to pay for it, who cares.

Wage caps will never come in as no individual nation will do it (as they'll lose all their best players) and the chances of an international wage cap are nil.

Dour

You do need to pay for pies. They get very cross if you try and take one and run away.

fitz

So by not having enough supplies LCFC's caterers are helping bring down the price of football. Well done to them!

Hazzman

I don't know why they muddy it with prices for pies etc, they are all optional extras that you don't need to pay for. The ticket price is all that's important. I'm not even sure we control our food prices as it's an outside contractor.

The survey was full of inconsistences last year. For example, they included for some clubs their 'fan fixtures' games as evidence of the cheapest ticket, others not so.

Last year they was a lot of moaning about Kidderminster charging I think £5 for a pie. That pie is a massive cottage pie with the works. A meal in itself, proper food really. It was comparing that against bog standard pies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The survey was full of inconsistences last year.

I expect it's the same this year.

For example they're saying the cheapest adult match ticket at Carlisle is £19 (they said the same last year), when in fact it's £16 if you buy it before the day of the match.
They say the cheapest ticket at Leicester is £15, but that's only for a few matches. The cheapest for the Wigan game is £22. Or £24 if you buy it on the day.

So they make it look like Leicester is £4 cheaper than Carlisle, when for a normal match, it's actually £6 more expensive.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
The survey was full of inconsistences last year. For example, they included for some clubs their 'fan fixtures' games as evidence of the cheapest ticket, others not so.

Last year they was a lot of moaning about Kidderminster charging I think £5 for a pie. That pie is a massive cottage pie with the works. A meal in itself, proper food really. It was comparing that against bog standard pies.
Last year some time - it may have been the week the report came out - there was a picture of a bloke holding one of these pies on the front of the NLP. It looks just as you describe it, a proper meal rather than a snack. The attached article went on to point out that not only do many away fans happily fork out for them but the team often have them after their games.

Real Sharapova

Last year some time - it may have been the week the report came out - there was a picture of a bloke holding one of these pies on the front of the NLP. It looks just as you describe it, a proper meal rather than a snack. The attached article went on to point out that not only do many away fans happily fork out for them but the team often have them after their games.
Homer's driving down to Kiddy at speed as I write this I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669