Financial Fair Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I don't agree with is the money going to charity. It should go to the other Championship clubs.

However, I think if and when QPR take it to court, the whole thing will collapse.

The only thing I don't agree with is the money going to charity. It should go to the other Championship clubs.

However, I think if and when QPR take it to court, the whole thing will collapse.

I'm sure I read that there was a reason why they decided not to give it to the other clubs. Something like ther might be an incentive for teams to lose games for some reason.

I have been drinking fairly steadily for a while now though, so I can't remember any actual details.

HTH.

I'm unsure of whether the mmoney should go to charity or other clubs, but I am certain that if they've broken the rules they shouldn't wait to be relegated to be punished.

Punishment should also be aimed squarely at the club directors rather than the club itself too.

As QPR are in the premier league now, does the football league actually have any jurisdiction over them, or will they have to wait until QPR are relegated again?

As QPR are in the premier league now, does the football league actually have any jurisdiction over them, or will they have to wait until QPR are relegated again?

That seems to be the case, which is pretty rotten.

The payments going to charity was insisted upon by the premier league I think?

This could be where the rules break down as the clubs voted when it was going to be distributed to the clubs.

I seem to remember that a Belgian solicitor who was involved in the 'Bosman' case has already lodged a a case in the European Courts, claiming that FFP Rules break the EU's directive which forbid restrictive practices concerning wages and trade, there maybe other points which are also being challenged. However these two alone on the face of it seem to break these EU rules, the fact that the majority of Championship clubs voted in favour of its implementation does not mean that they are excluded from these EU wide regulations. With the financial muscle that a number of clubs have, and I will include City in this group a legal challenge is almost inevitable, there is simply to much at stake not to take this route should such fines be levied against the clubs who are in breach of these FFP rules.

The Premier Leagues insistence that any monies raised by these fines ( if they are ever paid) should be given to charity and not split amongst the championship clubs certainly muddies the water, and in itself could be considered a restrictive practice by virtue of the fact that they are preventing clubs from a source of income. It also raised the question why would they insist on this? Such amounts of money by Premier League standards is peanuts, when you consider that the clubs spent over £800 million pounds on players during this transfer window, and that figure doesn't include wages which will take that spending to well over a billion pounds. So £60 million approximately in fines would give each club who stayed within the FFP rules less than two million quid each why would the premier league bother?

The Premier Leagues insistence that any monies raised by these fines ( if they are ever paid) should be given to charity and not split amongst the championship clubs certainly muddies the water, and in itself could be considered a restrictive practice by virtue of the fact that they are preventing clubs from a source of income. It also raised the question why would they insist on this? Such amounts of money by Premier League standards is peanuts, when you consider that the clubs spent over £800 million pounds on players during this transfer window, and that figure doesn't include wages which will take that spending to well over a billion pounds. So £60 million approximately in fines would give each club who stayed within the FFP rules less than two million quid each why would the premier league bother?

The PL are still attempting to make the league as restrictive as possible to enter, so will do anything in their power to widen the gap. Whilst £60m is a small sum for PL clubs, it could still make a big difference to the Championship clubs and therefore the PL will always vote against it. They effectively threatened to withdraw the PL solidarity payments if the FL distributed FFP fines between the clubs. The amounts were about the same, but the solidarity is guaranteed versus the FFP fines which are a) unpredictable and b) going to be a legal nightmare to obtain in the first place, if not impossible.

In regards to the PL intervention, it's completely restrictive, but football is an entity to itself and therefore there's not a lot that can be done about it.

In regards to FFP itself, it'll never work as QPR would be insane not to spend £5m on lawyers versus the ~£60m fine.

QPR made no attempt at all to cut costs and get close to FFP, and gambled on getting straight back up, which is why I hoped they would fail, not that Harry would stay around under a transfer embargo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30319227

Burnley make a £7.6M loss. only one of the promoted sides left announce their results
Who then? Oh, the suspense!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593