Firework Watch 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a compromise route - there are 'no bang' firework packs that neither pets nor neighbours would see or be disturbed by. You get the odd rocket or two in the pack which are the only exception to this - but they are still 'no bang'. I get these small packs because I have a four year old son, my partner does not like 'bang' fireworks, and because I wouldn't dream of disturbing the neighbours or their pets significantly anyway. I'm sure they cannot go totally and utterly unnoticed but I think I am veering on the side of considerate and social rather than anti-social & inconsiderate. I think my pack had 12 colour fireworks and 2 rockets (no bang). The colour ones slight noise would not be heard much by pets as neither of my immediate neighbours have pets by the way.

Last edited:
i have never understood the beef with fireworks, they go up and bang. fire was discovered a while ago now and i for one am not amazed, unless its someone lighting their guffs

My daughter didn't believe that was possible when I mentioned that to her, just casual in conversation like, as you do.
I was driving at the time so it would've been awkward to prove the point.

When we got home though I ate a tin of baked beans, waited 1/2 an hour until I had a belly full of gas brewed up then put on a rectal fire display for her.

She was laughing for about two hours solid, laughing so hard she nearly got sick.

I love being a Dad sometimes.

...and what an awesome role model
:038:

My daughter didn't believe that was possible when I mentioned that to her, just casual in conversation like, as you do.
I was driving at the time so it would've been awkward to prove the point.

When we got home though I ate a tin of baked beans, waited 1/2 an hour until I had a belly full of gas brewed up then put on a rectal fire display for her.

She was laughing for about two hours solid, laughing so hard she nearly got sick.

I love being a Dad sometimes.

it can go horribly wrong though, and then its standing up for a while. i'd be outside now if there was a display of straddled naked birds lighting their guffs, however i am sitting in being grumpy until i have someone to walk along the local with

Wankers letting fireworks off after midnight. Bad enough at the weekend but during the week is out of order.

I believe the locals have been round to Melton's house to discuss their differing opinions on letting off fireworks in his vicinity......

Particulary those ten minutes between 11.55pm on 31st Dec and 12.05 am on 1st Jan when big old boilers are out looking for a snog...:icon_conf

Speaking from experience highlander?

brewed up then put on a rectal fire display for her.

Reminded me of the true story of a Belgian vet called out to treat a cow with a serious buildup of gas. He inserted his arm up the relevant passage, and wanting to show off, flicked his lighter. The ensuing flame not only seriously burned his arm, but also ignited the hay in the barn, burning it down. (Good thing you didn't try it in the car!)

Macky said:
...brewed up then put on a rectal fire display for her.

Reminded me of the true story of a Belgian vet called out to treat a cow with a serious buildup of gas. He inserted his arm up the relevant passage, and wanting to show off, flicked his lighter. The ensuing flame not only seriously burned his arm, but also ignited the hay in the barn, burning it down. (Good thing you didn't try it in the car!)

That's a very moooving anecdote, yet it's also amooosing at the same time.
A burn like that could've left the vet looking like a moootant.

I'm milking it a bit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58