Fixture List 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they move the Liverpool match as it's my 50th birthday and I hadn't planned to spend it watching football :icon_cry:

I hope they move the Liverpool match as it's my 50th birthday and I hadn't planned to spend it watching football :icon_cry:

Seems perfect to me.

Watch us beat the smug feckers.

Agreed. In the worst case scenario if by the beginning of April we still needed at least another 10 points to reach 35-40 points to ensure survival you do not want your last 7 games to be Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs.

Correct, seems clear from Norwich's results

Correct, seems clear from Norwich's results

Norwich's problem was not getting points earlier in the season when they had easier games.

I'd rather get the points on the board early and not have to worry about the end of the season, than struggle at the start and have a team low on confidence trying to get out of the bottom three.

The TV companies aren't interested in relegation battles when they could be showing the top teams instead.

This year from the start of April until the end of the season, only one match out of 29 shown live didn't feature a club in the top 6.

They are over here. Especially given the top teams are "protected" by Sky.

The NBC deal will impact kickoffs.

How?

Don't they just show the Sky games and a Saturday 3PM game?

Well they show all games through their streaming service, but I believe they get to make some choices over course of the season on games they feature on tv. I could be mistaken, but I was of the opinion NBC could impact the fixture list.

It might be that they can't alter the times, but can decide what to show on TV vs Streaming, but I thought the deal had some ability for them to choose games.

Well they show all games through their streaming service, but I believe they get to make some choices over course of the season on games they feature on tv. I could be mistaken, but I was of the opinion NBC could impact the fixture list.

It might be that they can't alter the times, but can decide what to show on TV vs Streaming, but I thought the deal had some ability for them to choose games.

Surely they're not going to start letting international broadcasters move fixtures as well?

I don't see why NBC wouldn't be able to show them live in their current slots?

I recall Colin W moaning a few seasons ago that his team (Sheff U) had a much more difficult fixture list than anyone else.

Some presenter (can't recall who) remarked "that's because thy're the only side not to get to play 2 games against Sheff U"

"Englishman Arlo White, as expected, was named lead play-by-play commentator for NBC Sports' coverage of the Premier League and will cover in excess of 75 matches during the season. "

He's a Leicester fan, so you might get some biased commentaries.

Yes, he's excellent, and a good bloke to match based on all reports. I look forward to the City games he gets to commentate on. He's a good person to follow on twitter too.

ManUre fans as likeable as ever
fergie says
18/06/14 4:09pm
First 6 games for United in the Premier next season - Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester, West Ham - never known such an easy start - even the Premier League fixtures computer is scared of LVG :D

not sure who this guy supports
gled68 says
18/06/14 3:47pm
Every game will be tough for Leicester and after 38 games they will scuttle off back where they belong, the championship.

and we get a welcome
pep says

Leicester play Everton, Arsenal, and Chelsea in their opening three games. Welcome to the Premier League :)

Last edited:
Ouch, what a tough start that is. If we avoid defeat in two or more of those first five matches, we'll have done well. We could have hoped for a more favourable list than that.

We had one season under MON where we had an awful first few fixtures and did very well with them but we're not at that level yet.

Having said that, if we pull off a result like winning our first match or beating an Arsenal or a Man Utd at home, it will breed confidence.

I guess it will be sobering to NP. He'd better get his first choice targets in this summer and get us very well prepared pre-season.

Ouch, what a tough start that is. If we avoid defeat in two or more of those first five matches, we'll have done well. We could have hoped for a more favourable list than that.

We had one season under MON where we had an awful first few fixtures and did very well with them but we're not at that level yet.

Having said that, if we pull off a result like winning our first match or beating an Arsenal or a Man Utd at home, it will breed confidence.

I guess it will be sobering to NP. He'd better get his first choice targets in this summer and get us very well prepared pre-season.

If I was NP I would accept whatever contract is on the table and look forward to a massive payday in August / September

The Pearson out brigade will be bubbling at the bell at the sight of the fixtures and won't be giving him any room.

If I was NP I would accept whatever contract is on the table and look forward to a massive payday in August / September

The Pearson out brigade will be bubbling at the bell at the sight of the fixtures and won't be giving him any room.

Sky are offering 33-1 on NP being LMA manager of the year, & 22-1 on David Moyes being the next City manager:icon_bigg

Looks like our opening game hasn't been selected for TV viewing.

Man U v Swansea
Burnley v Chelsea
Liverpool V Southampton
Man City V Newcastle
Arsenal V Crystal Palace

These games are set to be confirmed as the opening weekend fixtures to be shown live on Sky / BT Sports. Link here

The game against Man U could be one though
Having been blocked from showing four of United’s first five league games a year ago, it is understood that BT will show two of the first three – and three of the first seven – although Sky is expected to have kept a firm grip on United’s biggest fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669