Fixture List 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great fixture list,

Beat the big teams when we are most confident and they are slow out of the blocks.

That final 2 blocks of games will be the toughy, a few fighting relegation amongst that lot.
You've put it much better than I could have. I think it's a great start to the season.

On the positive side as well, all of the top teams will have had most of their players at the WC which may affect their starts to the season. Whereas all of ours will be well rested.

Clutching.

Here's the traditional pdf to stick to your fridge. No doubt it will all become meaningless once the TV people start rearranging stuff, however, it will do as a starting point.

(If there's a copyright issue Jeff, please feel free to take it down)

View attachment fixtures-2014-15.pdf

31 of those fixtures have a scheduled Saturday 3 o'clock kick off

How many of these fixtures will actually kick off at that time ?

I'm going for 14

31 of those fixtures have a scheduled Saturday 3 o'clock kick off

How many of these fixtures will actually kick off at that time ?

I'm going for 14

Some big games at the start, Europa/Champions League in the middle, and a relegation battle at the end of the season - all adds up to very few. I think even 14 may be optimistic.

Some big games at the start, Europa/Champions League in the middle, and a relegation battle at the end of the season - all adds up to very few. I think even 14 may be optimistic.

The TV companies aren't interested in relegation battles when they could be showing the top teams instead.

This year from the start of April until the end of the season, only one match out of 29 shown live didn't feature a club in the top 6.

The TV companies aren't interested in relegation battles when they could be showing the top teams instead.

This year from the start of April until the end of the season, only one match out of 29 shown live didn't feature a club in the top 6.

Agreed. But they also 'become' interested in games where both teams have something to play for. Villa were on Sky quite a bit two seasons ago when they were looking like they might go down.

Villa were on Sky quite a bit two seasons ago when they were looking like they might go down.

From the start of April last year Villa were on TV three times. But two of those games were against teams challenging for the title.

If our run in had a lot of games against the top teams we'd have a lot more chance of being on TV than if we're just playing teams in the bottom half.

From the start of April last year Villa were on TV three times. But two of those games were against teams challenging for the title.

If our run in had a lot of games against the top teams we'd have a lot more chance of being on TV than if we're just playing teams in the bottom half.

Point taken. Didn't realise how strongly weighted it was.

It won't be long before they start revealing the TV fixtures. The TV games for the opening Championship weekend (which is the week before our season starts) have already been sorted out.

I'd rather have had the list in reverse order. Better to get points on the board and give the team and fans some confidence, rather have a poor start and have to catch up.

Don't get me wrong I ideally our finish would mirror our start. Or we would, as you said, have the finish at the start to get the points on the board but that's a positive of the draw we got.

I'd say we've done well out of that. Better to get some of the tougher fixtures out the way early, we'll have a better chance of causing an upset as we may be underestimated and opponents will have had less time to build any momentum. Also by early March all games against the big clubs will be done and dusted so we've not got too bad a run in if the worst comes to the worst and we're in a relegation scrap at the end of the season.

December will be an interesting month. Home to Liv, City, Spurs, with three easier looking away games. Potential for it to go either way.

I'd say we've done well out of that. Better to get some of the tougher fixtures out the way early, we'll have a better chance of causing an upset as we may be underestimated and opponents will have had less time to build any momentum. Also by early March all games against the big clubs will be done and dusted so we've not got too bad a run in if the worst comes to the worst and we're in a relegation scrap at the end of the season.

Agreed. In the worst case scenario if by the beginning of April we still needed at least another 10 points to reach 35-40 points to ensure survival you do not want your last 7 games to be Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566