Florida / villas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know somewhere that's not a villa that sleeps eight and is not near Kissimmee too. I don't want everyone to know about it though because i live there. PM me for details.

There's also plenty of good shopping nearby.

We've been to Orlando twice and we've done all the theme parks etc. Has anyone been to other parts of Florida? A beach area or the everglades?What's it like and how does it compare pricewise?

Its that bad is it ,ive driven all across Europe is it worst than that :102:

As I said you get used to it. The worst thing I found was that when you turn left (like we would turn right) I couldn't decide which lane to go in, and once I did pick the wrong one, no harm done luckily. If you've driven in Europe it 's probably the same though.

I went driving in the US when I was 18/19, drove a good few thousand miles in a fortnight and to be honest, in my opinion, it's a piece of piss. Get an automatic with cruise control and you are laughing.

The hardest part was driving through the Black Hills of Dakota at 2am on a single lane mountain road, but I think Florida is devoid of them!

Also if this is your first time to Florida take the aligator warnings very very seriously, especially in Kissimee and espesially with young kids. The villa we rented had a creek running through at the back of the garden and I was fishing in there one day, I took my eye of the float and when I looked back there were a nice big pair of eyes next to it, with a tail stream 5 feet further down. I've never reeled in and ran off so fast in my life! We saw it a couple of days swimming down the creek.

Also, a day or so after that, a local was knocking on everyones doors in hysterics because his dog had been walking along the edge of the creek and all of a sudden, snap! We tried to be sympathetic but he was holding half a dog lead in his hand and it was just very very funny!

I went driving in the US when I was 18/19, drove a good few thousand miles in a fortnight and to be honest, in my opinion, it's a piece of piss. Get an automatic with cruise control and you are laughing.

The hardest part was driving through the Black Hills of Dakota at 2am on a single lane mountain road, but I think Florida is devoid of them!

Also if this is your first time to Florida take the aligator warnings very very seriously, especially in Kissimee and espesially with young kids. The villa we rented had a creek running through at the back of the garden and I was fishing in there one day, I took my eye of the float and when I looked back there were a nice big pair of eyes next to it, with a tail stream 5 feet further down. I've never reeled in and ran off so fast in my life! We saw it a couple of days swimming down the creek.

Also, a day or so after that, a local was knocking on everyones doors in hysterics because his dog had been walking along the edge of the creek and all of a sudden, snap! We tried to be sympathetic but he was holding half a dog lead in his hand and it was just very very funny!

Poor bloke ,but can see the funny side :icon_bigg:icon_wink

thanks for the tip i was going to do a bit of fishing ,don't think i will now :icon_eek:

We've been to Orlando twice and we've done all the theme parks etc. Has anyone been to other parts of Florida? A beach area or the everglades?What's it like and how does it compare pricewise?

One thing whats it like driving over their as ive never driven in the USA ,as the last time i went was my honeymoon( NY)
We did a bit of a road trip; we flew into Orlando, then went to Tampa, then Miami, then back up to Orlando.

When we went to Miami, we went to the Everglades Safari Park, and we did the airboat ride, although we had to go back the next day as there were a lot of storms the first day that we went. They were really great about it, and gave us free passes, although I would have expected that anyway. I really enjoyed it, although it was quite disconcerting when we were standing outside waiting to go in, and looking at the 'gators in the pools outside, and then realising that these were actually wild, and there was nothing to stop them from jumping out of the water and attacking us!!

I do wish that we had spent more time in Miami, and that we had been based nearer to South Beach. Because we had to go back for our airboat ride, we didn't go down to the Keys either, but we're planning to go back this year.

I also liked Cocoa Beach, which is near the Cape Canaveral. There's a huge beach, and a nature walk, which the kids would probably like (too many spiders for my liking...). The place always sticks in my mind because when I was photographing a US Air Force helicopter that flew over the beach, the guys on board waved at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669