Following in Footsteps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Just Had my first child on the morning of the coventry game and was just wondering how many tbers offspring have followed in their lcfc footsteps??

Firstly, congratulations Ash :)

Secondly, I don't have any kids that I know of, although I've followed in my old man's footsteps as a City fan.

Maniac Jr was with me at Oadby in pre-season 2007, and at Swansea last season. She enjoyed the latter far more than the former, but she's hardly pestering to come to another game.

I've got 3 daughters and not 1 of them are interested in Leicester or football.
I have 3 daughters as well and none of them support City. 2 of them like football, the youngest doesn't, and they follow England games and support ManU cos my wife has followed them since she was a child. Both of them went to the odd City game when they were younger but never got the bug.

Thank goodness my son did get the bug and he was there at The Ricoh today by himself having journeyed down by train from Sheffield via Derby and Birmingham then back via Nuneaton and Leicester.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!
Hope all is well with mother and child. .....and you!
Bet you are feeling partly confused and partly delirious now

I'm from Norway and have followed City since boyhood. I now have two duaghters of which one is totally uninterested in football. The other one, on the other hand, has been to Leicester twice to see City and have her wardrobe full of City shirts. Don't know if I ought to be proud or shamefull to have brought this on to her........

Last edited:
Baby Macky is a Liverpool supporter, I tried but perceived glamour won out. Living in Ireland there's not enough for her to have City as anything other than her second team.

How did you come to be following City Blaarev the Viking?

Well, they happened to be on tv. At home to Cardiff, lost 2-1, but the shirts looked great on our black and white tv. Rodney Fern (oh you beauty!) scored for Leicester by the way

Last edited:
I think it's all in the brainwashing. My eldest daughter (4 years old) knows that she supports Leicester and knows that they wear blue. I've taken her to a City game (3-0 win v Forest last season) and whenever there's a football game on tv, if one of the teams is wearing blue she'll ask if it's Leicester. If they're doing well I tend to say yes and if they're not I tell her it's another team who play in blue. She must think we're about the best team in the world. Oh how disappointed she's gonna be when she realises the truth :icon_bigg

I think it's all in the brainwashing. My eldest daughter (4 years old) knows that she supports Leicester and knows that they wear blue. I've taken her to a City game (3-0 win v Forest last season) and whenever there's a football game on tv, if one of the teams is wearing blue she'll ask if it's Leicester. If they're doing well I tend to say yes and if they're not I tell her it's another team who play in blue. She must think we're about the best team in the world. Oh how disappointed she's gonna be when she realises the truth :icon_bigg

Sounds like a good start. Keep it up. You might find it difficult to pick the right games to take her along to though. It's not every day we play Forest

So, my daughter has then been successfully brainwashed. No need for explanations on her parts. Me however, Rodney "Really Nice Haircut" Fern, how do I explain that?

That pretty much describes my daughter up to age 10.
Trouble is she loves her soccer* and soon realised that the City are lower in kudos than Liverpool.

*I use the term 'soccer' deliberately to distinguish, as my daughter would, with football in the Gaelic sense.

That pretty much describes my daughter up to age 10.
Trouble is she loves her soccer* and soon realised that the City are lower in kudos than Liverpool.

*I use the term 'soccer' deliberately to distinguish, as my daughter would, with football in the Gaelic sense.

So you're saying I need to redouble my efforts as she gets older then? Interesting, cheers macky :023:

So you're saying I need to redouble my efforts as she gets older then? Interesting, cheers macky :023:

Yep, it's a hard fight PPF. I suspect bringing her to games will help, if it's any help.
I brought my young one to a City v Waterford pre-season a few years back and she was all City for a while, but I suspect that Muzzy refusing to pose for a photo left her scarred for life. She was never the same after having to settle for Andy Impey.
I was on a hiding to nothing from that moment onwards. proper respect for alll that typin, i'm rweet mashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669