Following in Footsteps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats mate!

I have five children: all of whom would rail at that description, being over the age of consent. I tried not to overtly influence their political or religious beliefs but shamelessly pushed Leicester City at each from the very beginning.

I can report a 20% success. One son supports LCFC; the others, are basically football neutral although, if pushed, would claim allegiance to the Foxes.

Congratulations. My baby girl is only 20 weeks old but she has already witnessed us losing in the playoffs....I'm sure its just the colours on the screen she enjoys but she's entertained by football. Once she's old enough to go to games I'll probably take her to a few games at Gateshead as its a local match that isn't feckin Newcastle, once she's at a more suitable age for travelling she'll get to sample some City games

OK, this goes no further than you chaps, but my youngest son is Frankie; ostensibly after a favourite uncle but really, in homage to Mr Worthington - the greatest player ever to pull on the blue shirt. Now promise, not a word to anyone.

tbf, that Swansea game was hardly going to make someone want to wtch more of the same was it?
Poor kid, you've probably scarred her for life!
True. They were tedious too. I would hate for City to be managed by the bloke managing Swansea that day.

Congratulations!! I have a 14 month old daughter who will most probably be in to make-up, fashion etc! My wife is pregnant and believe it or not her due date was yesterday. She is sat here now, feeling as though things could move any minute! We are having a boy so I'll be hoping that he follows in my footsteps, though the wife and all of her family are from Manchester and are all united fans! I would like to say I am on standby but unfortunately I broke my leg playing football two weeks ago, so I'm a little useless at the moment! My timing is not good!

Last edited:
Congratulations!! I have a 14 month old daughter who will most probably be in to make-up, fashion etc! My wife is pregnant and believe it or not her due date was yesterday. She is sat here now, feeling as though things could move any minute! We are having a boy so I'll be hoping that he follows in my footsteps, though the wife and all of her family are from Manchester and are all united fans! I would like to say I am on standby but unfortunately I broke my leg playing football two weeks ago, so I'm a little useless at the moment! My timing is not good!

Sorry to hear that Micky. It must be awful marrying into a crowd of mancs

Congrats mate!

I have five children: all of whom would rail at that description, being over the age of consent. I tried not to overtly influence their political or religious beliefs but shamelessly pushed Leicester City at each from the very beginning.

I can report a 20% success. One son supports LCFC; the others, are basically football neutral although, if pushed, would claim allegiance to the Foxes.

Same approach - mixed results here, too.

Elder daughter - clear from the word go that she held my obsessions with the same disdain and occasional pained tolerance as her mother. Ironically she now lives a spit away from the Emirates and is beginning to admit that seeing the hordes descending on match day (even if they are Gooners) intrigues her... I'm determined she'll be there when we record our first win at the Arse since 1379.

Daughter No 2 much keener to do things with her Dad and apart from a brief dalliance with Belittle's Villa (liked the shirts FFS) is now a true blue and does important missionary work teaching in West Bridgford - took guts to face down the braying hordes after the City Ground disaster last year.

My footy-mad son just wanted to play not watch and trumped his mates' Mank U plastic fandom by adopting Juve as his team. Eventually got him addicted to a life of pain, frustration and worse during the Taylor and Adams years - no point in supporting a team that just wins all of the time is there? Working on Merseyside - on his first day he was asked "Are you red or blue?"

"Blue of course - Leicester City blue." :023:

My footy-mad son just wanted to play not watch and trumped his mates' Mank U plastic fandom by adopting Juve as his team. Eventually got him addicted to a life of pain, frustration and worse during the Taylor and Adams years - no point in supporting a team that just wins all of the time is there? Working on Merseyside - on his first day he was asked "Are you red or blue?"

"Blue of course - Leicester City blue." :023:
:038::038::038:

Sorry to hear that Micky. It must be awful marrying into a crowd of mancs

About as much sympathy as I would expect from you Macky! Grumpy sod! Here I am, 6 weeks off work, on full pay, being brought cups of tea, browsing the internet and watching tv all day! I must say, the staples are starting to nag abit though!

My eldest supports Liverpool (??) which is weird as he has only lived in London and now Bradford on Avon, but there you go. Youngest is LCFC though.

tbf, that Swansea game was hardly going to make someone want to wtch more of the same was it?
Poor kid, you've probably scarred her for life!

It was listening to Fludie trying to work out how to change at Didcot that scarred her for life. Even at her age she understood that the fact that the train didn't stop there would be a bit of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669