Fools bidding on 20P pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now, what can be wrong with trying to sell a couple of 20p coins for £1,750,000?
I suppose the genuine ones are worth whatever price someone will pay.

I'm not that surprised that some are trying to sell normal coins for whatever they can, even if it's rather wrong.

Last edited:
A lot of them don't have the dates on the Queen's head side anyway, it's only the ones with the new designs that are worth anything.

Someone in Market Harborough found one of these in the local Spar.

Made second page in the Harborough Mail.

The front page headline must have been something special then. Man Bites Dog?

:icon_bigg No, sommething abou a crime gang being busted, duno don't really read the front page always a load of shite, I only read first two inside pages, deaths and jobs.

I've reported one of the sellers, he's claiming to have an undated 20p but the picture shows a normal one with the year on.

I wrote to some of the sellers of these undated coins and asked them if it was dated on the other side --even though I knew full well that it was. Surprising enough one responded as follows----

"Hi, it is dated on the other side and although they are selling I'm not taking any money I'm emailing the buyer and telling them what to watch out for cos a lot of people are being fooled on here.
cheers"

Yeah I believe him

Last edited:
Anyone seen Psychoville from the some of the chaps who starred in League of Gentlemen?

There was a scene ripping the piss out of people bid for worthless items.

But snappy the crocodile is not worthless. Its the last one.....

It's cheap because it's a feckin 20 pence piece.

Anybody who buys one of these for more than 20p, including postage, has been ripped off.

I thought banks were giving people £50 for handing them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46