Football manager 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bored so just walked into town and bought this game. About to start with leicester..

Good luck mate - you can't do any worse than the last tw@t we had in charge!

I'm playing as Arsenal - got the job after getting Leicester promoted to the prem. Won everything in my first season and now I've got about £110mil to spend thanks to my extremely generous board and selling Van Persie for £25mil and Vela for £30mil. Who to buy, who to buy, who to buy...?

Who to buy, who to buy, who to buy...?

Serbians. Plenty of them. Can't go wrong with the goldmine that is Serbia.

In February, 'Alan Shearer' has done this so far for Arsenal
League - 1st
FA Cup - 5th Round
League Cup - Final
European Cup - 1st Knockout Rd
World Club Cup - Winners
Community Shield - Winners
Super Cup - Winners

Piece of piss this.....

Just got my lad PES 2008 for the Wii.

The off the ball player control is fantastic, much better than on other consoles.

Just got my lad PES 2008 for the Wii.

The off the ball player control is fantastic, much better than on other consoles.

How easy is it to play and what are the graphics like? On the television the graphics looks like the first football games on the first playstation

I can only say my son loves it.

I'm a PS3/PC man myself but don't care for soccer graphics anyway - only management games

Having said that I like the graphics and the replays look cool.

Last edited:
got ebbsfleet promoted to conference premier through play-offs. next day, i was sacked, god knows why.

Am 2nd with Leicester in the championship with december coming to an end. West Brom have scored nearly 60 goals already the bastards..

Just started a game with MK Dons, have signed Aaron McLean for £270K as well as Matty Fryatt, Andy King, Chris Gunter, David Button and Danny Rose on loan. Going to absolutely storn the league me thinks.

Currently bottom with Vfl Osnabruck in Bundesliga 2.

Well after securing the signings of Harnik and Niang on loan. We set attempting to stay up despite being 11 points off promotion. Double our win tally - beat Koblenz away from home 4-2 and seen off a couple of teams at home. Got disappointing draws to Wehen and Augsburg. We were 5 pts away from it and we were due to play Aue (the team above us) soon. Playing Kaiserslautern, we were defensively superb - 1-1 with 2 mins of injury time remaining, they scored and Aue won the day after. So that's probably it 8 pts away from staying up.

anyone else been punished by success with regards to chairman's opinion? i started the game and ended the first season 2nd in championship, then went straight on to finish 2nd in prem before winning it in the 3rd.......now Uncle Milan says "the club have long term ambitions which you are not working towards" or some shit, does that mean that he still wants to win the championship in 4 years? or am i missing something as that is the only long term ambition stated.

anyone else been punished by success with regards to chairman's opinion? i started the game and ended the first season 2nd in championship, then went straight on to finish 2nd in prem before winning it in the 3rd.......now Uncle Milan says "the club have long term ambitions which you are not working towards" or some shit, does that mean that he still wants to win the championship in 4 years? or am i missing something as that is the only long term ambition stated.
Are you running the latest patch?

Does the silly old fart insist on buying the players and interfering in the tactics and team selections in the game as well :102:

This has also started happening to me, what ended up happening with you Fitz?

Last edited:
After getting bored with it and doing the ol'make your own team shizzle, I turned my hand to international management. Into Euro 2008 with Serbia. Our World Cup qualifying group looks dynamite - Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro are 4 of the 6 teams. Nice derbys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566