Football manager 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im playing my first game as leicester on fm2008. Im not doing well to say the least, have already been sacked once and had to create a new user to continue. Does anyone know how i can stop so many goals being disallowed? It seems like 1 per game average?

Are you patched??

Why dont you guys just create a new user with Chelsea then get Chelsea to loan an Under 18 Leicester player for all their 80odd million, then buy some awsome players:110::110:

Or alternatively, use FMM and give Leicester a transfer budget of £2billion. I've tried it before, it's not fun.

Last minute goals are killing me. My champions league battlers face the serious threat of relegation.

I quit and then City went on a path, sacking 2 managers in 4 months and nearly got relegated. I had to wait till the Summer, I had some options on the table but I am now Shrewsbury manager. Lost first 2 and then a change of tactics led to 4 pts out of 6.

DJ followed me here.

6th season and still no nearer to the promised land!

I quit and then City went on a path, sacking 2 managers in 4 months and nearly got relegated. I had to wait till the Summer, I had some options on the table but I am now Shrewsbury manager. Lost first 2 and then a change of tactics led to 4 pts out of 6.

DJ followed me here.

Dont think moving to Shrewsbury is going to get you any closer

This thread gets me confuesd between real life and game play. Everything is so serious I have to check which thread I'm in.

This thread gets me confuesd between real life and game play. Everything is so serious I have to check which thread I'm in.

Dont come into this thread and then you dont have to worry :icon_wink

From Piacenza to Gretna.

Well I wanted to go back to Britian, Gretna approached me. They had a couple of million to spend, being a small club with no real expectation apart from staying in the SPL I decided to take control of the club. Loaning players from the Premiership and attracting some players from my first club, Tamworth I pushed the club forward.

Finished 5th in my first season and came runners up in the Cup. Qualified for the UEFA cup. I was able to purchase a few loanees and sign Killies top two strikers, Jerome & Agbonlohor in a £1mil bid. I have a squad average age of 24. I've got experience in Mcullock & Quinton Fortune. Anthony Grant is my captain, i signed him for Tamworth then Piacenza now Grenta.

Im in my second season at Gretna, knocked out the UEFA cup and knocked out the Scottish league cup by Queen of the South, i can deny allegations it was a betting scandal.

Im currently 2nd although one point behind Celtic, although I've played 2 more matches.

I've applied for the Leicester job about 5 times but, "im not the man to take them forward," according to Mandaric.

I'm in the Scottish Cup semi-final vs Hamilton. I'm still second in the league, we are in the play off games i'm a whopping 4 points behind Celtic, the fans need to believe we can win the title, get behind the boys and we will do it. As of late we have been letting late goals in, the boys need to concentrate through the full 90 mins, every game is a cup final. Come on Jessel's Army!!!

Lost in the playoff semis to Gillingham and now placed top in the second season after 7 games. HAZZMAN'S SHREWSBURY ARMY

NB. After leaving Leicester, they survived the rest of the season I left. However, they are now placed 12th in League One.

Half way through my second season, had a recently slump of losing 4 games in a row which saw me go from 3rd to 11th!!

Hopefully a 6-0 win against Brentford in the FA Cup will turn things around, currently only have 3 strikers - Hume, Fryatt and Chambers. Desperately trying to get a couple more but nobody will come to me :(

Finished the season in 8th position, put together a good run towards the end of the season that convinced me to have one more go at trying to reach the Prem.

In pre season having cleared out a lot of the deadwood and quietly confident we can push for automatic promotion. Mandaric has retired, with the new chairman giving me £10m for transfers, unfortunately nobody wants to come to me. :icon_sad:

Finished the season in 8th position, put together a good run towards the end of the season that convinced me to have one more go at trying to reach the Prem.

In pre season having cleared out a lot of the deadwood and quietly confident we can push for automatic promotion. Mandaric has retired, with the new chairman giving me £10m for transfers, unfortunately nobody wants to come to me. :icon_sad:

Who is the new chairman?

I've just started a new game with Gretna - lost the first match to Falkirk 3-2.

Aim is to win the SPL in 3 seasons, and win the CL in 5 seasons.

I've just started a new game with Gretna - lost the first match to Falkirk 3-2.

Aim is to win the SPL in 3 seasons, and win the CL in 5 seasons.

Good fecking luck - I quit after a season and a bit. Kept us up and then feck off. You wait until you get in a slump!

At Shrewsbury, I just ended our 11 game winless run with a 3-0 win over MK. We're are now out of the relegation zone and got sights set on top 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566