Football manager 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been told off for celebrating a 3-1 win over M'boro too loudly. My Barry Fry approach to management is not approved by all in my home.

Brilliant, i get the same occasionally.

Into my 5th season with the mighty Bury on CM01/02. Won the FA Cup last season and I've now got a tricky 4th Round UEFA Cup tie with Panathinaikos (who co-incidentally signed Kiegan Parker from me in the summer)

Got a cracking team including the England number 1 keeper (Mark Tyler), the England captain (Justin Walker), and other England internationals Stephen Foster, Ryan Williams, Tommy Smith, Kevin Phillips and Jason Euell.

The infamous To Madeira has been in fine form so far this Premiership season, scoring 13 in 15.

;)

Into my 5th season with the mighty Bury on CM01/02. Won the FA Cup last season and I've now got a tricky 4th Round UEFA Cup tie with Panathinaikos (who co-incidentally signed Kiegan Parker from me in the summer)

Got a cracking team including the England number 1 keeper (Mark Tyler), the England captain (Justin Walker), and other England internationals Stephen Foster, Ryan Williams, Tommy Smith, Kevin Phillips and Jason Euell.

The infamous To Madeira has been in fine form so far this Premiership season, scoring 13 in 15.

;)

I'm tempted to go out and buy the game tomorrow!!!

No playoffs for LCFC.

But my 4th season in charge is the last remaining in my contract. MM reveals plans for a 4k expansion to make the Walkers 42,000. This hits my budget, 4 million for promotion but with the emergence of McKay, Chambers and Odihambo, it's only slight tweaks needed.

Cowie from Dundee Utd, whose the dog's balls signed for 300k and Murphy from Stoke also for left winger cover. Out's possibly Maculay and Danns.

Fingers crossed this is the season.

No playoffs for LCFC.

But my 4th season in charge is the last remaining in my contract. MM reveals plans for a 4k expansion to make the Walkers 42,000. This hits my budget, 4 million for promotion but with the emergence of McKay, Chambers and Odihambo, it's only slight tweaks needed.

Cowie from Dundee Utd, whose the dog's balls signed for 300k and Murphy from Stoke also for left winger cover. Out's possibly Maculay and Danns.

Fingers crossed this is the season.

How can you not get promoted after 3 seasons? It's almost impossible! :icon_eek:

How can you not get promoted after 3 seasons? It's almost impossible! :icon_eek:

Cos first season I was given just 500k to spend and no fecker wanted my players. 2nd season had feck all cos Milan went ahead with 8k expansion to the stadium. It's only the 3rd season I have managed to start putting together a team.

Keep an eye on Scotland, there are some gems there. This Cowie bloke looks the shit.

Cos first season I was given just 500k to spend and no fecker wanted my players. 2nd season had feck all cos Milan went ahead with 8k expansion to the stadium. It's only the 3rd season I have managed to start putting together a team.

Keep an eye on Scotland, there are some gems there. This Cowie bloke looks the shit.

I usually pick up some beauties from Eastern Europe: Gabriel Torje, Dzudsazk (sp?), Bodgan Stancu etc

I usually pick up some beauties from Eastern Europe: Gabriel Torje, Dzudsazk (sp?), Bodgan Stancu etc

Signed the pair of em', however both left in a huff in the pre-season of the second season. I'd feck all investment off MM and needed funds, Dzudsazk is now playing for Spurs on ma game - he's 5 clubs in 4 seasons. Stancu can been hit and miss hence I fecked him off.

Signed the pair of em', however both left in a huff in the pre-season of the second season. I'd feck all investment off MM and needed funds, Dzudsazk is now playing for Spurs on ma game - he's 5 clubs in 4 seasons. Stancu can been hit and miss hence I fecked him off.

I actually flogged them both as well. Stancu went in a huff because I signed too many strikers so I sold him after one average season where he played about 10 games, for £3m after buying him for peanuts. Dzudszak was here for 2 seasons, didn't do much special at all, sold him to Newcastle for £10m! Kept Torje though.

First season I finished 3rd with Leicester and lost in play off semi final.
Mohammed Kallon is a must buy, played as an attaking midfielder 26 goals from 48 games. Doyley a right back / center back has also been a key signing playing central in a back 3.

Signed Jody Morris and Seyfo Soley on Free's as cover, decent enough. Also got Marlet in, but he is always injured.

Second season signed Lee miller and Richard Hughes on Free's from Scotland. Also got Tall from hearts and Cory Gibbs all have been excelent. 2nd in the championship after 19 games. Kallon has 14 goals from 19 games this season. miller is on 9 from 20.

Signed some good young players from europe, i always search through the major clubs to see who's contract will expire at the end of a season and try to get in quick with an offer. Signing plenty of scouts will help with this to reveal the stats.

2010/11 starts at St David's Stadium, Cardiff and a disappointing 2-0 win leads to a series of droppings. 3-1 win at the newly extended Walkers against Burnley and then a cracking 1-0 away against Sheff Utd thanks to Joe Mattock's 90th minute 15 yarder. Leaves us 6th after 3 games.

HAZZMAN'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

2010/11 starts at St David's Stadium, Cardiff and a disappointing 2-0 win leads to a series of droppings. 3-1 win at the newly extended Walkers against Burnley and then a cracking 1-0 away against Sheff Utd thanks to Joe Mattock's 90th minute 15 yarder. Leaves us 6th after 3 games.

HAZZMAN'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

:023:

Hovering below the playoffs, we're about as inconsistent as the current lot.

Beat Brum who are storming the division but lose to indestructable Sheff Utd.

We should get play-offs and provided a good run comes along automatic is still a possibility.

I'm second after 33 games 1 point behind West Ham. Kallon is on 24 goals from 30 games. Miller got injured, and DeVries has come in, 8 goals from 10 for him.

A lot of unrest in the squad now though.

Fryatt demanded to go to a bigger club, despite my efforts to keep him, he went to reading for £2.8million in January. Hume has also demanded a transfer, though he turned down a contract from St Ettien. Wesolowski has twice in the last month asked to be allowed to leave for a bigger club, but both times i have convinced him we will match his ambitions. Mattock got unhappy because i allowed Fryatts situation to deteriorate to the point he had to leave (don't uderstand this one) Macauley requested a transfer because he isn't playing, but i couldn't give him away, his wage demands were too high for interested clubs. and Stearman is upset i turned down an approach from Blackburn.

Signed Ricky Lambert from Bristol Rovers to replace Fryatt, and a young senegal goal keeper who has gone on loan to my belgian feeder club because he couldn't get a work permit.

Happily my assistant reports my players would die for each other, so hopefully the unrest won't affect our good form.

im in my secongd season with hinkley, rooted firmly to the bottom of the blue square premier, failing to sign the decent players i want (they all go to kettering) 7 points after a 3rd of season has passed, looking resigned to relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669