Football manager 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half way through my second season, had a recently slump of losing 4 games in a row which saw me go from 3rd to 11th!!

Hopefully a 6-0 win against Brentford in the FA Cup will turn things around, currently only have 3 strikers - Hume, Fryatt and Chambers. Desperately trying to get a couple more but nobody will come to me :(

ive love to get an online game going on this, but ive no idea how to set one up

I just fecked it up....

Playoffs all second half of the season and then a 7 game winless run...fecking Swansea get the last spot.

3 games left, 5 pts from playoffs, Hazz best find a new club....

I just fecked it up....

Playoffs all second half of the season and then a 7 game winless run...fecking Swansea get the last spot.

3 games left, 5 pts from playoffs, Hazz best find a new club....

Im willing to give you more time, don't listen to the short termed tossers ;)

I started a new game with Swansea, was 8 points clear at the top of League One at christmas but then went on a ridiculous winless streak to be 8 points off the playoffs, but managed to put on a late run at the end of the season and am now 3 points off the playoffs with 4 games to go....COME ON YOU JACKS!!

Got some pretty good strikers - Matty Fryatt, Jay Bothroyd, Bogdan Stancu, Daryl Murphy and also SEB on loan

I lost second spot to Sunderland and dropped to third, The battle for second spot went to the last day, I won, but so did they so I was confined to the play-offs. Eased passed Crystal Palace in the semi. The final was tough though, was 1-0 down most of the game. Lee miller equalised on 78, before substitute Ashley Chambers scored the winner the 88th minute!!!!

I'm in the Premiership!!!!!!!

I have stated that i'm confident i can avoid relegation and Milan has given me £21 million to spend and 220K a week for wages. Priority is a Goal Keeper, Logan finished the season as my first choice, i don't want to be relying on him in the premiership though.

From Piacenza to Gretna.

Well I wanted to go back to Britian, Gretna approached me. They had a couple of million to spend, being a small club with no real expectation apart from staying in the SPL I decided to take control of the club. Loaning players from the Premiership and attracting some players from my first club, Tamworth I pushed the club forward.

Finished 5th in my first season and came runners up in the Cup. Qualified for the UEFA cup. I was able to purchase a few loanees and sign Killies top two strikers, Jerome & Agbonlohor in a £1mil bid. I have a squad average age of 24. I've got experience in Mcullock & Quinton Fortune. Anthony Grant is my captain, i signed him for Tamworth then Piacenza now Grenta.

Im in my second season at Gretna, knocked out the UEFA cup and knocked out the Scottish league cup by Queen of the South, i can deny allegations it was a betting scandal.

Im currently 2nd although one point behind Celtic, although I've played 2 more matches.

I've applied for the Leicester job about 5 times but, "im not the man to take them forward," according to Mandaric.

Went unbeaten in my first 3 games in the premiership, 1-1 away at Everton, 0-0 home to Wigan. First win 2-1 away at West Ham, followed by my first defeat, 3-0 at home against Midlesborough.

Was fortunate to get anything from any of the games, its going to be a long hard season.... New signing Marlon King has got 3 goals already though.

Started a season with Leicester with the new patch, sold loads of players including Fryatt, DJ etc and brought in £2.5m - MM only gave me 500K budget and only 60% of the £2.5m I brought in. Daryl Murphy, Bogdan Stancu, Hilario, Tommy Spurr, Danny Grainger have all been excellent signings, and Ashley Chambers has been banging the goals in left right and centre! Am 3rd now in January, quite a few points off QPR in first, asked MM for some more moolah and he has just gave me a whopping £3m - not going to spend much of it though.

Started a season with Leicester with the new patch, sold loads of players including Fryatt, DJ etc and brought in £2.5m - MM only gave me 500K budget and only 60% of the £2.5m I brought in. Daryl Murphy, Bogdan Stancu, Hilario, Tommy Spurr, Danny Grainger have all been excellent signings, and Ashley Chambers has been banging the goals in left right and centre! Am 3rd now in January, quite a few points off QPR in first, asked MM for some more moolah and he has just gave me a whopping £3m - not going to spend much of it though.

i bought him in my first season, did feck all for me then i sold him to bolton for 1m + 50% of next sale....which was arsenal for 5m so i've not done too bad on that one. i'm currently in december in my 3rd season currently 2nd 1 point behind chelsea, which i'm slightly fecked about as i've spent about 70m on transfers to my premiership/league cup double winning side.

top tip, if someone is wanted by bigger clubs and you make them unhappy by rejecting their bid.....put the player on the transfer list and then take them back off after 2 days or so, they go back to being "happy to stay at the club" works a treat

i bought him in my first season, did feck all for me then i sold him to bolton for 1m + 50% of next sale....which was arsenal for 5m so i've not done too bad on that one. i'm currently in december in my 3rd season currently 2nd 1 point behind chelsea, which i'm slightly fecked about as i've spent about 70m on transfers to my premiership/league cup double winning side.

top tip, if someone is wanted by bigger clubs and you make them unhappy by rejecting their bid.....put the player on the transfer list and then take them back off after 2 days or so, they go back to being "happy to stay at the club" works a treat

Why dont you guys just create a new user with Chelsea then get Chelsea to loan an Under 18 Leicester player for all their 80odd million, then buy some awsome players:110::110:

Why dont you guys just create a new user with Chelsea then get Chelsea to loan an Under 18 Leicester player for all their 80odd million, then buy some awsome players:110::110:

Because that completley defeats the object of playing?? :102: Who are you ripping off other than yourself??:102:

Im playing my first game as leicester on fm2008. Im not doing well to say the least, have already been sacked once and had to create a new user to continue. Does anyone know how i can stop so many goals being disallowed? It seems like 1 per game average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669