Football manager 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
19th after 3 'orrible results! I am considering jumping ship!

Join me out here in spain mate, im having a great time of it. Second division and the expectations are lovely and low, the great thing is theres some cracking players down here.

Im going to try my hardest to create a great Malaga side, and slowly spring a surprise on the big boys in La Liga.

what are the online features on this game chaps, should have it by wednesday

Iv just started a career with hickley. Made tenn freebie signings and got some right gems. Chris Armstrong and Anton Smith upfront, Scott Oakes for midfield. Plus others. Won 7 out of my first 8 games, should of been 8 out of 8 but for throwing away a 2 goal lead at Telford. Looks like a good season in the offing.

Iv just started a career with hickley. Made tenn freebie signings and got some right gems. Chris Armstrong and Anton Smith upfront, Scott Oakes for midfield. Plus others. Won 7 out of my first 8 games, should of been 8 out of 8 but for throwing away a 2 goal lead at Telford. Looks like a good season in the offing.

Get a link with a Premiership team.

I did that with Hinckley, in the Conference North/South you're allowed to play as many loan players as you like.

I just set up a link with Aston Villa and loaned 14 players from them without paying a penny, either in transfer fees or loan wages.

Promoted to Conference Premier in my first season with 118 pts.

Last edited:
Get a link with a Premiership team.

I did that with Hinckley, in the Conference North/South you're allowed to play as many loan players as you like.

I just set up a link with Aston Villa and loaned 14 players from them without paying a penny, either in transfer fees or loan wages.

Promoted to Conference Premier in my first season with 118 pts.

Cheers for the tip:023:
Ill do it now. Im multi-tasking with the pc and laptop so i can be on here and on there. Sundays are so fecking boring.

Finished 17th in 2008/2009. Now 40 gls a season DJ wants to leave, Humey wants to leave, all my replacement strikers were flops and Logan is still my only goalie over the age of 20.

Hopefully, Milan gives me one more go.

started a new game with city the other day, six games left in the season and i've won the league without a single defeat.....did shite in the cup though. tip is to sell nearly all your players at the start and then buy half of slovenia/slovakia etc for 50k

Started off with Tamworth. Won back to back leagues and won promotion to league one.

The LCFC job was available after Megson left to go to Stoke, I applied and the the board offered me to resign or be sacked, I decided to resign. I was so sure of getting the job but I didn't get it, some Jock did.

I then thought long and hard about my future and the Piacenzo job in Italy was available so i applied for it, and accepted the role. We were 20th when i took over we needed wins, I had the January window to try and buy our team out of it, with signings of Peter Crouch & Nani we managed to go on a 10 match unbeaten run and we finished 15th. Season 2: 20th and spend £15 million, most notable player signed was Defoe (5million with add onds). After weeks of abuse from the fans and I also lost the dressing room, I decided for the good of the club I would leave.

I really wanted to go back to Britain, then in around October the Gretna job was available in Scotland. In January i improved our team and we finished 5th also lost in the Scottish cup final to Rangers 2-1.

Only player who I appointed captain at all the teams I managed was Anthony Grant (from Chelsea). I manage to sign him 3 times. Odhimabo signed for me at Tamworth & Gretna he scored a number of goals.

Last edited:
I finished my first season in 5th place, and had Wolves in the play offs. Lost 2-0 in the first game and went for it in the second. Was 3-0 after 30 minutes only for Fryatt and N'Gotty to both get sent off within 5 min of each other. Ending up drawing the game 3-3, losing 5-3 on aggregate.

Also got knocked out by West Ham in the QF 1-0.

Before the end of the season I sold Wesoloski and Campbell for a total of £4m, not realising that Mandaric would keep the money and only offer me £5000,000 for the beginning of the next season. :( :(

Just about to start pre-season for my second season.

Before the end of the season I sold Wesoloski and Campbell for a total of £4m, not realising that Mandaric would keep the money and only offer me £5000,000 for the beginning of the next season. :( :(

Just about to start pre-season for my second season.

5 Million ain't that bad....:icon_wink

hey guys, im having trouble downloading the patch, couldnt get it from the official site, could you perhaps recommend an alternative site? thanks, ive tried 2 others, but they arent installing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670