Football Manager 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

From footballmanager.net:

Dear all

Well, it's that time of year when we're getting ever closer to revealing the new features for our forthcoming Football Manager releases, Football Manager 2009 on PC & Mac, and Football Manager Handheld on PSP. I can confirm that they are both coming, and will both be out before Xmas. And out on the same date too.
As those of you who visit footballmanager.com might have seen, there's a bit of a teaser image up there. Guesses at what it is and why are more than welcome in this thread

As for the new features announcements, release date announcement and first look at the packshot, these will be coming in the evening of Wednesday September 3rd. So slightly later than the end of August originally promised but there are very good reasons for this, mainly involving global co-ordination for the announcement, and half of Southern Europe being shut down until next week.
The announcement itself will be in the form of a documentary type thing, made by Remedy Productions who do a lot of work with Channel 4 in the UK mainly on the music side of things. This will be initially viewable from our new You Tube channel, which can be found at www.youtube.co.uk/sigames. The video will be put up there first, and we'll then embed it into the various sigames and FM websites once it's encoded properly, sometime after 6pm next Wednesday, so it's well worth subscribing to the channel if you want to get it first. The documentary is going to be between 15 & 20 minutes long, and include many surprises along the way.
The day afterwards, when we've had some time to type it up, we'll post up some of the features that were discussed in the video for those of you with very short attention spans, or who are just too lazy to watch it. Which will hopefully be no one.

Please note that what we're announcing next Wednesday is not everything new that will be in the games, but a snapshot of some of the new features from the games. There will be further announcements as we get closer to the release date through some blogs (the site of which will be revealed when the first blog happens), the podcast and a few other places too. I'll leave it to others to then find these and post them on the forums here, although around the release of the demo will colate everything together to give as full a feature list as we'll ever give out. We don't want to ruin people's fun finding little things here and there during their game playing!
We look forward to the discussions of what we announce next week, although I'll be late to that party as at the same time as the announcements are going live, I'll be off at some press conference thingy. Just try to keep it constructive please - we hope there will be something for everyone in the announcement, but we can't please everyone all of the time, however hard we try.

Cannot wait for this, I abso-****ing-lutely love FM - sounds like it's in for a bit of an overhaul as well!

I loved the series up until 2007. I thought it got a bit too indepth (and difficult). I wondered how kids would be able to play the thing if i struggled!

Another thing is that the games get more and more demanding on the PC that you play it on. My average laptop struggles with even the older editions (05/06) despite small DB and limited active divisions, so i can't imagine how long it would take for it to process the new one. I might try it on xbox 360 but then it's really expensive and i'm not sure it will be as enjoyable as the PC version.

I'd steer well clear of the 360 version if I were you. I dabbled in it a few months ago when my laptop died and it was ****ing awful.

You know the solution - buy a new laptop, it must be done!

Looking forward to turning Maxi Gradel and Leicester into world beaters.

I'd steer well clear of the 360 version if I were you. I dabbled in it a few months ago when my laptop died and it was ****ing awful.

You know the solution - buy a new laptop, it must be done!

Looking forward to turning Maxi Gradel and Leicester into world beaters.

£500+ for a computer game? i don't think so.

They should introduce a scenario mode.

I would also love to see a chairman mode - hire/fire managers, choose ticket prices, in control of club finances, suggest players to the manager etc etc

They should introduce a scenario mode.

I would also love to see a chairman mode - hire/fire managers, choose ticket prices, in control of club finances, suggest players to the manager etc etc

I think they should have a basic and a full-on mode.

You can download the databases for various scenarios/challenges from the forums.

Last edited:
i'll be getting it, will be good to fire leicester through the divisions with this years players.

Hoepfully ill have a new AC adapter for my laptop by then, thats two of these shitty univeral devices that have broke withing a few months.

Not footy manager game has or will ever be as good as CM01/02

Get with it you sentimental git ;)

The game always needs more features in terms of interaction.

I download all the latest patches for CM01/02, so the game is bang up to date in terms of players' age/abilities etc.

And the original game itself was brilliant.

Took the mighty Bury FC to Champions League success in 7 seasons with the forward line of To Madeira and Cherno Samba. Happy days.

CM 01/02 was the best indeed, I've tried the newer versions but never got stuck like I did on the old ones. 99/00 was the first I got on my own computer, fantastic game as well.
It was just so much more feeling in those games.

Will be released on November 14th.

Will include a 3D match engine as well as a 2D one, and the transfer market has had a complete going over. The Assistant Manager is more useful, especially during a match. There is an option for a female manager included, and you get to do press conferences before and after each match.

Vids are on SI Games website and on Youtube, looks pretty good so far.

Looks good from what I've seen so far.

But Im more excited about the upcoming release of Red Alert 3. Out next month and it looks friggin brilliaint! :icon_bigg Even Gemma Atkinson is in it :038:

Last edited:
I have got PC - Football Manager 2008.

It's a very good game, I'm in charge of Hinckley United FC.

I've got Adam Webster & Brian Qualiy on free Transfer's, George Clegg, Plus Darren Acton from Nuneaton Town FC.

Hinckley United are doing really well - They are in 6th place at the moment

Kind Regards

CA232008

The demo's out now on footballmanager.net - get downloading people!

Am I the only person who wants to see a more involved and deeper non-league scene in the game? Not necessarily down to park football but certainly level 4 or 5. Or am I mental, as usual?

The demo is fecking wank.

- Everytime I type something, it doubles most of the letters up. Iittt geettss rreaalyy annnnoyyiinnggggg.

- Far too many injuries

- Played a friendly and then it crashed straight after

3D mode is impressive though, much better than I had imagined.

Played the demo and I'm impressed with the fresh layout and the 3d engine.

However, it kept crashing. Surely just a bug.

And is there no official Football League teams this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566