Forest Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Mockery. ;)

Young City ace crocked again

by Steve Pumfrey

Leicester City midfielder James Wesolowski has suffered more injury heartache after being ruled out for up to six weeks.

The 20-year-old Australian limped off after 17 minutes of Tuesday's 3-2 Carling Cup win over Nottingham Forest with a damaged hamstring.

City boss Gary Megson said: “He's had a scan, it's a bad pull, and it could be four to six weeks.

“It's bad news for us and bad news for Jimbo. His career has been blighted by injuries. But he's a tough lad and he will be back.”

Wesolowski, who has twice suffered a broken leg during his City career, has formed an effective partnership with skipper Stephen Clemence this season.

Wesolowski's absence is now expected to speed up Megson's attempts to further strengthen the squad.

He said: “I have made a few phone calls, but it's hard to get good players in on loan, I'll keep pursuing things though.”

Megson has also responded to City chairman Milan Mandaric's blast at a section of fans at Forest who he said were “poisoning the club.”

Mandaric was angry with the chants in support of Martin Allen - the man Megson has replaced at the Walkers Stadium.

“I can understand the frustrations of the supporters and I won't criticise them,” said Megson.

“It's understandable they are a little wary. They want to see the club move forward - and so do I.

“I know where we would like to be, that's the easy bit. Getting there is the hard bit.”

Megson says the backing of the fans can help shape the future success of the team.

He said: “I looked around at Forest the other night and realised there were City supporters in the top tier of the away end, as well as the lower tier. There are not many teams who bring that sort of following.”

* Teenager Billy McKay struck twice as City's reserves secured a 3-0 win over Oldham at Stalybridge Celtic last night. Ricky Sappleton added the third.

The cnut who sat ( should I say stood ) next to me didn't have "having a bath" on his list of priorities. He stunk to high heaven or he had shit himself.

I guess you must have made him nervous!

I see the idea to give F****t a goal start, this great sporting gesture, was apparently all Milan's doing.

I wonder if that would be the story if it had finished 1-0 to F****t...

Gutted I wasn't there last night, was stuck up north, gutted about the result, obviously.

Fair play for letting us score, a great gesture.

Can't believe we lost we just cannot hold on to results. Leeds at home we battered them 2nd half and they nick it last minute, Peterborough in the Paint Trophy the other week, leading 2-1, lost 3-2 and of course last night :(

Seems like bringing Lennon off cost us :(

1 nill up and still ferked it up :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Gutted I wasn't there last night, was stuck up north, gutted about the result, obviously.

Fair play for letting us score, a great gesture.

Can't believe we lost we just cannot hold on to results. Leeds at home we battered them 2nd half and they nick it last minute, Peterborough in the Paint Trophy the other week, leading 2-1, lost 3-2 and of course last night :(

Seems like bringing Lennon off cost us :(

It did mate, and Tyson. Tyson was running our defenders ragged for most of the game.

As far as I'm concerned we won the game 3-1. I'm pleased we made the nice gesture to Forest but that wasn't anything to do with the competitive fixture. So here's to a resounding 3-1 triumph over over neighbours. Well done City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669