forget cox, get beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
id give them a fair crack at championship level and if they cant do it then make the changes

IMO regardless of them pair we need one Striker who is able to compete with them and another for cover.Outside of them two we have nobody up to the standard.Our problem the relegation season was scoring goals,I just hope it isn't this

Last edited:
It's not about loyalty.... its the fact that Howard was crap in the Championship last year and Fryatt has never really shone in that league either. And personally i feel the partnership of Beckford and Cox would be a very strong one in that leage next year.:102:

Yeah, but the season before Howard won Derbys player of the season in a year they got promoted and iirc Fryatt had a great first 6 months here and his goals were helpful in keeping us up

I think its more down to good management theyve improved this season than goign down a division, i think too many people over-rate the gap between the Championship and League One, i dont think its that big tbh

It's not about loyalty.... its the fact that Howard was crap in the Championship last year and Fryatt has never really shone in that league either. And personally i feel the partnership of Beckford and Cox would be a very strong one in that leage next year.:102:

As opposed to Beckford and Cox who have shone in the Championship? Howard was great for Derby in the Champ the season before he came here.

3 million for a lazy c**t who's shown he couldn't be ****ed in the two biggest games of his career? No thanks, let him stay at Leeds - I don't even think anyone'll come in for him over the summer.

The conspiracy-theory experts amongst the Leeds fans now believe that he missed the penalty on purpose because continued third division status for the club makes it more likely that he will get away.

Yeah, but the season before Howard won Derbys player of the season in a year they got promoted and iirc Fryatt had a great first 6 months here and his goals were helpful in keeping us up

I think its more down to good management theyve improved this season than goign down a division, i think too many people over-rate the gap between the Championship and League One, i dont think its that big tbh

My centiments exactly. I think a genuinely good manager is a genuinely good manager at any level and a genuinely good player is a genuinely good player wherever he plays. Swansea showed last year you can still be successful in the Championship after doing well in League One and in fact not one of the three promoted L1 clubs last year has been relegated this year.

Didnt like Beckfords attitude one bit. Appeared to be aright mardy arsed big time charlie.

Agreed.
We've got a good attitude amongst the squad as it is now, don't want that wassock coming here and acting the big 'I am' round the place.

Still makes me mad when I remember his post-match interview after he deliberately elbowed the Millwall Keeper in the League game. arrogant tosser.

We would be better off going for a striker of proven premiership quality, Beckfords just a boy in div 1 with no real history that he could compete in the higher divisions.

BTW grats to me on my first post ever.

Last edited:
We would be better off going for a striker of proven premiership quality, Beckfords just a boy in div 1 with no real history that he could compete in the higher divisions.

BTW grats to me on my first post ever.

Yes well done. I agree about needing an ex-prem striker, while it would be lovely to get an exciting youngster like Cox in I think experience wil be the key next year. We need two players along the lines of Carsley and Earnshaw IMO, although obviously not those two in particular.

Howard has looked great in this league, didn't like him much last year, (but i suppose we were a complete mess in terms of management etc last year)...would be nice to see him do wel next season, didn't see much of him when he helped Derby go up but i still think Beckford would be brilliant next year.....i think for now, i'll leave the decision up to big Nige.

i think someone who can get us 2 goals per game is the key...

I hear Jesus of Nazareth may be looking for a loan deal to England. He apparently has god-like skills, but doesnt like to get stuck in to the opposition

Also, his dribbling is 20/20 on Football Manager

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673