forget cox, get beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal scoring record is very good. But I couldn't see Leicester fans taking to a player who only tries when he can be bothered and has a disaplinary record such as his.

They would if he scored enough goals.

It makes me chuckle that people want to get Beckford or Cox in to replace Fryatt, who scored give or take as many goals as them last season.

It's madness, but nothing less than I have come to expect, the grass is always greener afterall.

It makes me chuckle that people want to get Beckford or Cox in to replace Fryatt, who scored give or take as many goals as them last season.

I'd be interested to see the chances to goals ratio and see how fryatt compares to cox.

Don't rate Beckford, let someone else waste their money.

Didnt like Beckfords attitude one bit. Appeared to be aright mardy arsed big time charlie.

I'd be interested to see the chances to goals ratio and see how fryatt compares to cox.

Not chances to goals, but shots to goals:

Fryatt: 98 shots on target, 61 off target, 27 goals

Cox 62 on target, 63 off target, 29 goals.

So Fryatt''s shooting is more accurate and he had a lot more shots, but Cox has got a better scoring percentage.

So Fryatt''s shooting is more accurate and he had a lot more shots, but Cox has got a better scoring percentage.

I'd say that by those figures Cox is a more clinical finisher which supports the interest shown in him.

Much better!

Fryatt scores 28% of his on target shots.
Cox scores 47% of his on target shots.

If Fryatt was as accurate as Cox he would have scored 46 goals this season!

Obviously the number of shots depends partly upon the support from other players so is not comparable.

Cox though appears to be the better striker!

Didnt like Beckfords attitude one bit. Appeared to be aright mardy arsed big time charlie.

said to be one of the reasons Leeds don't really like him that much.

After the regular season game at ER against Millwall, he did that elbow and then claimed no knowledge of it in a post-match interview. How the tables turned yesterday evening!! :icon_lol:

You have a look at Beckford's record in games against the top teams in the past few seasons in this division. It's not brill.

Last edited:
Much better!

Obviously the number of shots depends partly upon the support from other players so is not comparable.

And mainly on the strikers play in finding space getting into the right positions etc. Cant understand this hate aimed at Fryatt, he may have been a bit on and off for the second half of the season, but for the first half he was sensational, and he score 32 goals, ffs! THIRTY TWO.

Much better!

It's difficult to make any real judgement from those stats.

Cox is not as accurate, if you're talking about getting shots on target. It may be that he misses a lot of easy chances, it may be that a lot of them were from long range.

Same thing with Fryatt, without knowing where on the pitch the shots came from you can't really compare them.

The fact that Cox was playing in a relatively poor team suggests he had a better season than Fryatt, but even that may be distorted if he was their main attacking weapon and everything went to him. Fryatt was one of a number of scoring threats we had so he may not have seen as much of the ball as Cox did.

3 million for a lazy c**t who's shown he couldn't be ****ed in the two biggest games of his career? No thanks, let him stay at Leeds - I don't even think anyone'll come in for him over the summer.

:038::038::038:

I couldn't have put it better myself :038:

forget howard and fryatt, get cox and beckford in

It's not about loyalty.... its the fact that Howard was crap in the Championship last year and Fryatt has never really shone in that league either. And personally i feel the partnership of Beckford and Cox would be a very strong one in that leage next year.:102:

I wouldn't waste your thoughts on loyalty.Howard or Fryatt won't show any if they get a better offer

It's not about loyalty.... its the fact that Howard was crap in the Championship last year and Fryatt has never really shone in that league either. And personally i feel the partnership of Beckford and Cox would be a very strong one in that leage next year.:102:

But next season they will be playing with a different manager to their last season in the Championship. Do not underestimate the contribution of Pearson to their better form this year. Howard has certainly become a much fitter player with Pearson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669