Forum software update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the text area on here noticeably narrower than on sites like LCFC.com, BBC.co.uk, etc?

I have no idea. I rarely visit lcfc.com and bbc.co.uk. I rely on TB to bring me all the news that is important to me.

It is slightly narrower than on Googlemail but, for the record, I find the sideband on there a pain too - especially on 4:3, but not so irritatingly on widescreen.

Last edited:
I have set up a new forum style without the right hand column, you can select it in the usual ways.

Is there any way that this can be set 'per machine' and not 'per user-account'? There is some advantage of being able to see what new threads there are (and possibly some of the other info that you intend to add) and I would be quite happy to have it on my widescreen machine but wouldn't want to be farting about switching backwards and forwards all the time.

Is there any way that this can be set 'per machine' and not 'per user-account'? There is some advantage of being able to see what new threads there are (and possibly some of the other info that you intend to add) and I would be quite happy to have it on my widescreen machine but wouldn't want to be farting about switching backwards and forwards all the time.

If you change it using the from down menu at the bottom I think it sets a cookie on that PC so you'll be able to use different versions on different computers.

If you change it using the from down menu at the bottom I think it sets a cookie on that PC so you'll be able to use different versions on different computers.

That doesn't seem to be my experience. When I change the style on one machine, it changes on the other machine when I restart it. It seems to me that the record of the style setting is kept at your end somewhere.

I'm sure that I am right on that but will test it out and let you know.

That doesn't seem to be my experience. When I change the style on one machine, it changes on the other machine when I restart it. It seems to me that the record of the style setting is kept at your end somewhere.

If you tick the 'remember me' box when you log in, the settings you use on that PC will be remembered next time you use it. But if you have to log in again you'll get the style you have selected in the user control panel.

When I left that version as the default yesterday loads of people moaned about it being too blue.

Sorry but I think it is a good blue. FFS we watch enough of it, so lets get close as we can to it.

If you tick the 'remember me' box when you log in, the settings you use on that PC will be remembered next time you use it. But if you have to log in again you'll get the style you have selected in the user control panel.

OK. I'll give that a go. Thanks.

Click on the scales next to the post (below the avatar) and leave your feedback. This affects the ratings.

I have had three votes so far, one of them telling me I'm a cnut :icon_bigg

scales? I thought it was a tree. I think I need new contact lenses :icon_cry:

you click on usercp at the top of the page it shows you the comments people have left but not who by though??

ok so I've just tried it out on your post. Can you see the comment I left and if so how?
I now have a selection of ones calling me a cnut :icon_bigg

But I think I know the one you left me :icon_eek::icon_redf, I didn't realise that was still legal.

you click on usercp at the top of the page it shows you the comments people have left but not who by though??

I've clicked but I still can't see any comments - maybe no one has left me any.....after all I have no friends :icon_cry: but I am on a distinguished road still :icon_wink

(road to hell?)

Last edited:
ill be your friend siouxs :)

im guessing mine was left by newton??? could you please confirm or deny it..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669