Forum Software Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The current version of the forum software we're using is over three years old, and is no longer supported by the developers. This can cause security problems, so an upgrade is overdue.

The cost of the new version is £147, or £222 for the publishing suite version with more features, such as user blogs.

In the past I have paid for the software and annual maintenance, but times are tougher now and I'm hoping people will be willing to make a small contribution towards the cost.

If 12 people donate £5 each, that will go half way towards paying for the basic version, and I'll pay the rest myself. Any more raised than that and I'll consider getting the publishing suite version.

If you would like to make a contribution via Paypal, please send it to [email protected]
Any contribution, no matter how small, will be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited to include the correct (VAT inclusive) price.

Last edited:
The cost of the new version is $195 (£120), or $285 (£170) for the publishing suite version with more features, such as user blogs.

If 12 people donate £5 each, that will go half way towards paying for the basic version, and I'll pay the rest myself. Any more raised than that and I'll consider getting the publishing suite version.

I will do a couple of quid, but only if I don't have to read that Frank Rolling Blog. It's a load of old wank!:icon_wink

Dig deep and contribute generously people. I appreciate that without talkingballs, you wouldn't have to suffer my bullshit, but in all fairness Jeff has provided us with a playground for nearly 10 years free of charge and his time, effort and money has been given up to keep the site going so if you can, it's only fair to give a little something back to him especially when it is about improving things for all of us. The tiniest contribution will make all the difference, we're all together in this and no, Jeff did not ask me to post this, for any cynics out there.
Talkingballs has provided us all with countless hours of entertainment and it really isn't fair for Jeff to shoulder all of the costs. If you can, throw a few pounds into the pot. If you do you'll feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I promise.

Talkingballs has provided us all with countless hours of entertainment and it really isn't fair for Jeff to shoulder all of the costs. If you can, throw a few pounds into the pot. If you do you'll feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I promise.

I think I nailed it right there. I'm going to my bed now, Givce a few pounds you miserable ****ers we all love talkingballs, seriously, if it's onnly pennies that yo u cana offer, let's ave it! Night nighht

I will do a couple of quid, but only if I don't have to read that Frank Rolling Blog. It's a load of old wank!:icon_wink
The lazy bastard doesn't even post what he's written any more. Dozens of complete but unpublished entries.

Er... Jeff, is there any alternative way to pay up?

I don't know how to pay by E Mail. I normally go on the paypal site.:102:

Log in to Paypal, click the "send money" tab, and put [email protected] in the email box. (please note it's gbmail, not gmail)

Or you can send an email to that address, telling me how much you want to pay, and I can send a request instead. That works even for people who don't have Paypal accounts.

Thank you everyone who has donated so far :038:

Log in to Paypal, click the "send money" tab, and put [email protected] in the email box. (please note it's gbmail, not gmail)

Or you can send an email to that address, telling me how much you want to pay, and I can send a request instead. That works even for people who don't have Paypal accounts.

Thank you everyone who has donated so far :038:

Sent:023:

Will do if it's simple enough even for me.

Oh, and also, I definitely don't want the super-duper forum upgradey thing. So IF there are any donations left over, my vote would be for saving it for future upgrades/reducing your personal contribution/buying yourself something pretty/etc.

Will do if it's simple enough even for me.

It wasn't ;)

Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link
If you were in the process of buying something, or sending money to family or friends, we recommend you check both your PayPal account and your email inbox for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, you may want to return to that site (we advise that you don't just use your browser's back button) and restart your activity.

If you stumbled upon this page from the PayPal website, simply click the PayPal logo in the top left corner to return to the UK home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

If you wish to sign up to PayPal, please click the PayPal logo and then click the “Sign up” button

I'll try again.

These things hate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472