Foxes in Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Bob but you're wrong. I've lived here long enough to read Swedish ;)

The translation reads:

Hammarby meet Sven-Goran Eriksson's Leicester. This summer, the English team comes to Stockholm.
- We have accepted the invitation to come to Sweden this summer, "said Eriksson in a statement.
Superettan (Swedish second tier)is fine, but in summer Hammarby face a much higher resistance. Sven-Goran Eriksson's Leicester take their training camp to Stockholm, with games against Brescia (Serie A) and Mallorca (La Liga).

- We have accepted the invitation to come to Sweden this summer, "said Eriksson in a statement.

During the period July 12 to 18 teams will make up the newly established Stockholm Football Trophy. Hammarby will also participate in the tournament.

If you read the comments below the article you'll see how keen the Hammarby fans are to meet Svennis' Leicester.

I've also had calls from life long Hammarby supporting friends who are looking forward to the challenge. We've discussed many times in the past how Bajen (Hammarby) would compete against Leicester and now we'll get the chance to find out. It'll be great.

It's been widely reported yesterday and today that Hammarby will play Leicester but Boc is right that it hasn't actually been offically confirmed yet. Everyone seems to use the original press statement as source.

But I'm sure Hammarby and Leicester WILL play eachother in the end.

Send an email to: [email protected]
(can't open my email as described in the techie forum...)

Last edited:
Sorry Bob but you're wrong. I've lived here long enough to read Swedish ;)

The translation reads:

Hammarby meet Sven-Goran Eriksson's Leicester. This summer, the English team comes to Stockholm.
Superettan (Swedish second tier)is fine, but in summer Hammarby face a much higher resistance. Sven-Goran Eriksson's Leicester take their training camp to Stockholm, with games against Brescia (Serie A) and Mallorca (La Liga).

During the period July 12 to 18 teams will make up the newly established Stockholm Football Trophy. Hammarby will also participate in the tournament.

If you read the comments below the article you'll see how keen the Hammarby fans are to meet Svennis' Leicester.

I've also had calls from life long Hammarby supporting friends who are looking forward to the challenge. We've discussed many times in the past how Bajen (Hammarby) would compete against Leicester and now we'll get the chance to find out. It'll be great.

I'm not sure where you are translating from, but that is not what the article that Steven referred to and which Jeff reproduced says.

The headline on the fotbollskanalen article does not accord with what is written in the article below it - and that article is simply a copy of what Steven and Jeff pointed to earlier.

Swedish fans might be keen to see us, but the article does not say that we will play Hammarby.

email on its way to magnus.roos to seek clarification.

I'm not sure where you are translating from, but that is not what the article that Steven referred to and which Jeff reproduced says.

The headline on the fotbollskanalen article does not accord with what is written in the article below it - and that article is simply a copy of what Steven and Jeff pointed to earlier.

Swedish fans might be keen to see us, but the article does not say that we will play Hammarby.

email on its way to magnus.roos to seek clarification.

Stockholm fox translated the article on fotbollskanalen which is very clear in saying that Leicester and Hammarby are playing eachother - the quotes are the same though, why it is highly likely to assume that they have drawn their own conclusions from that first press statement.

http://www.siriusfotboll.com/web/article/svennis-och-leicester-till-studenternas-i-juli

With the news that Mallorca have pulled out of the Stockholm tournament.

It appears we're playing Sirius from Uppsala on July 12th and the squad are there from the 10th onwards.

So I can only assume the format has changed for the tournament Had a look at prices today for a week in Stockholm, private rooms for a week £400 and flights from
Stansted £30 return.

http://www.siriusfotboll.com/web/article/svennis-och-leicester-till-studenternas-i-juli

With the news that Mallorca have pulled out of the Stockholm tournament.

It appears we're playing Sirius from Uppsala on July 12th and the squad are there from the 10th onwards.http://www.siriusfotboll.com/web/article/svennis-och-leicester-till-studenternas-i-juli/

So I can only assume the format has changed for the tournament Had a look at prices today for a week in Stockholm, private rooms for a week £400 and flights from
Stansted £30 return.

Good spot. I lived 100 meters from Studenternas IP all autumn, moved to UK to get closer to the football. Where are you, Alanis...

Uppsala is a lovely town so you should all go, it's a university town so not as busy in the summer but I presume most of you will stay in Stockholm anyway. It's a 40 minutes train journey.

Last edited:
Latest update is that Mallorca are still in the tournament and that we are playing Sirius in Uppsala in a warm up match earlier in the week..

Totally agree with SwedeFox..go to Uppsala, it's a really nice place. Last time I was there was to watch Hammarby win their first ever Swedish Bandy Championship (like field hockey on ice) and I've never been colder in my life. Much nicer in July!

Latest update is that Mallorca are still in the tournament and that we are playing Sirius in Uppsala in a warm up match earlier in the week..

I put this in the pre-season thread a couple of days ago. We will not actually be playing against Mallorca in the tournament but there will be a public training session involving us and them on the Saturday.

btw Pete - did you get my PM?

I would have liked to have gone to this but unfortunately the timing is all wrong. Bugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669