Foxes Trust e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he isnt Moses but the current board aren't exactly working miracles either.

His record is proven he got Pompey out of the also rans league and ok sold them on to an even wealthier guy. Recouping his investments.

Would you really mind if we were in Portsmouths position today?

eeerrr... nothing in what the FT says suggests that the present board haven't got a Plan B. Time may tell how good it is.

I have got to say that I still firmly camped with the "Don't Knows". One thing of which I am certain is something that seems to have been missed by many City fans - MM is not Moses - the journey to the Promised Land is not a definite even with him.

Agree with all of that.
The level of expectation that there is about Mandaric is going to lead to an awful lot of disappointment wether the deal goes through or not IMO.

I really wonder who the foxes trust represent? They seem from the tome of the bulletin at best disappointed and at worst against Mandaric.

WHY?

What chance do we have without him.

I suppose when we are langusihing in the 2nd Division and they (The foxes Trust) have full control of there club they will be happy?

I think we should all be disappointed that our club apparently has so little value and can, perhaps, be bought for a song. I think we should be disappointed that MM isn't being clearer about what he intends for the future. I think we should all be wary of expecting too much from MM. I think it's a pity that the present board hasn't been steadfast to some of the strategies that it devised to safeguard our future.

point K is interesting

If MM is bringing in Dowie then he's not going to let on let alone tell the FT.Dowie turned down the Hull job for a reason and i reckon he's been given the nod...but I might be wrong

I have got to say that I still firmly camped with the "Don't Knows". One thing of which I am certain is something that seems to have been missed by many City fans - MM is not Moses - the journey to the Promised Land is not a definite even with him.

:038: :038:

I think we should all be disappointed that our club apparently has so little value and can, perhaps, be bought for a song. I think we should be disappointed that MM isn't being clearer about what he intends for the future. I think we should all be wary of expecting too much from MM. I think it's a pity that the present board hasn't been steadfast to some of the strategies that it devised to safeguard our future.

You'll get run out of town for those blasphamous comments against the 2nd coming.

I would have liked him to have stayed and told us exactly about his doubts - in the way that Law Lords can state their 'minority view'.

BOc, he had to resign, otherwise he is effectively recommending the bid with the rest of the board, as the recommendation would be on a majority vote - he would be bound by this. He has made his feelings perfectly clear by resigning. Reading between the lines of other posts it appears he is not convinced by MM saying " trust me " without guarantees . I find it worrying, as apparently Johnson is a true fan, having a season ticket in the East Stand and having done a lot of unpaid legal work at administration regarding Teacher's. He is also not an idiot, being a partner with Clifford Chance, which I believe is the biggest law firm in the world.

from the mocury today

Mandaric jets in to sign deal
By Bill Anderson

Milan Mandaric is cutting short his holiday to fly back and help to finally secure his takeover of Leicester City.
Mandaric171106.gif

The Serbian-American tycoon is aware that time is of the essence because of the January transfer window and his eagerness to get to grips with boosting the club's fortunes.

Putting the finishing touches to the paperwork is all that stands in the way of completing the deal, and it is even possible Mandaric might arrive in time to see tomorrow's FA Cup third-round tie against Fulham at the Walkers Stadium.
That will very much depend on his travel schedule working out, but the main thing is that Mandaric is on his way - in more ways than one.
Earlier this week, it emerged that the City board had accepted, in principle, Mandaric's new terms, amended after due diligence, and that the deal could now be accelerated.
It was the second green light that Mandaric had received after the shareholders gave him their backing in November.
And, shortly before leaving his holiday base in Hawaii, Mandaric praised the City board for their efforts, as well as hailing the club's supporters.
He said: "I welcome the support of the Leicester City board in what has been a long, drawn-out and, at times, frustrating process.
"I am sure those frustrations are equally shared among the shareholders and supporters but, hopefully, we are moving forward positively towards the conclusion of a deal that will help stabilise the club and take it forward.
"I have untold respect for the shareholders who saved this club which, together with the overwhelming backing from the club's supporters, have been instrumental factors in ensuring my commitment to securing a deal."
The signs are that the takeover will be finalised at some stage next week - or the week after at the latest - so there could still be two weeks of the transfer window left for City boss Robert Kelly to operate.
However, with tomorrow's cup clash uppermost in his mind, the City boss is not going to be distracted by the imminent takeover.
He said: "I have left all of this to others at the club to sort out. We cannot start thinking about matters we can't have any effect on."

BOc, he had to resign, otherwise he is effectively recommending the bid with the rest of the board, as the recommendation would be on a majority vote - he would be bound by this. He has made his feelings perfectly clear by resigning. Reading between the lines of other posts it appears he is not convinced by MM saying " trust me " without guarantees . I find it worrying, as apparently Johnson is a true fan, having a season ticket in the East Stand and having done a lot of unpaid legal work at administration regarding Teacher's. He is also not an idiot, being a partner with Clifford Chance, which I believe is the biggest law firm in the world.

Legally - or as a matter of conscience? Either way I hope he spells out to all the shareholders what his doubts are so that they can take a more informed decision.

Until I know of any other bids then I'm afraid I would rather see MM and all the Evil he stands for rather see my Club slowly decay and dissapear into obscurity with the Port Vales of this World.I don't think he's the messiah but at the moment he sure as hell of a better alternative that what we have now.Just because you want to see MM here doesn't mean you have your head in the Clouds

Last edited:
i find point l pretty staggering surely the club should and have a plan b in place just in case the mm deal falls through

I don't quite understand, YV. Taylor was bought in to atempt to get further finance in, and to an extent that has worked due to MM coming to the party. If MM walks away, then it's back to what they were doing, trying to drum up further finance. I understand that during the bid process the club were bound by certain committments precluding them from following other possible funding sources. Plan B therefore would be going back to trying to get another person/consortium interested. I really don't think they have not done anything they should have done at this stage.

Legally - or as a matter of conscience? Either way I hope he spells out to all the shareholders what his doubts are so that they can take a more informed decision.

As a matter of conscience I would guess - he didn't want his name ( by proxy ) saying he, as part of the board, was recommending the bid. It's up to him if he speaks out - he might not want all the flack that would follow if the shareholders turned the bid down, and I for one could understand that, just by judging some of the language and sentiments thrown at supposed anti MM people on various message boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669