Franky Worthington

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Has been sadly diagnosed with Altzheimers according to his daughter Kim

Has been sadly diagnosed with Altzheimers according to his daughter Kim
Worthy a thread of its own, even if it's already posted in the ex-players thread.

His daughter's post today;

"There has been a few wandering about my dad's health recently and so I thought i should let you all know Frank Worthington has Alzhiemers. He was diagnosed several years ago and has been holding it off with POSITIVE thinking and football ⚽️ . They say several footballers from my dads era seem to have suffered the same disease, possibly due to the constant heading of the heavy football back in the day. As time goes by though, there are moments when you see the effects of Alzhiemers and this is hard sometimes for all those involved with a loved one who has this disease. It's a funny thing that the one big lesson my dad always taught me was 'mind over matter'.... No matter how hard life gets, being positive will pull you through, Every adversity is a opportunity for change and growth... Thanks dad, that is the biggest gift you ever gave me! And now this silly Alzhiemers is taking you away from all that you taught me.... My heart goes out to all those effected by Alzhiemers, what a journey it is for all those effected!! ❤️"

That's a real shame... there are things that they can do, so I can only hope it will delay the onset of the serious symptoms.

The drugs currently available slow the disease, and in the short term at least can see big improvements in memory and mental abilities.

My dad has Alzheimer's disease, he is still much better than before the medication, even after nearly 4 years and leads a normal life.

Though we were told to expect sudden deterioration rather than gradual, as it reaches a point that the medication just stops being effective.

God, I dont know if this is the right thing to say, but.... both of my parents had cancer and it was fairly quick with both, so I'm almost grateful that they didnt have a disease like this to deal with.

My mother had this awful disease and I watched deteriorate from a sharp intelligent woman to an empty shell . It strips of you any dignity and is heart breaking for the family . Encouraging to hear drugs are having a positive effect as there was nothing then . So sad to hear about Frank one of my childhood heroes.

I'm amazed at people posting on his Facebook page get well soon ! Seriously ?

What an odd thing to make up that would be. I guess if he's forgetting stuff his family would be concerned, and even suspicious.

Or he may have it and not want people knowing.

Strange.

What an odd thing to make up that would be. I guess if he's forgetting stuff his family would be concerned, and even suspicious.

Or he may have it and not want people knowing.

Strange.

Here's hoping she's jumped the gun and made some assumptions. If he does have it then he may have no idea depending on the stage he's at. Or as you say he may have it and not want it being public.

All very strange but remember Ernest Saunders who apparently cured himself of Alzheimer's by forgetting he had it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566