Free Managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Andone want to name a few free managers? I though since loads of people keep saying who would we get in we could start a topic for it.

Sturrok - seems a natural replacement
Keegan - will undoubtedly be scaked somepoint soon!

Houllier
Bobby Robson
Bryan Robson
Steve Walsh/ Steve Clarriage
Glenn Hoddle

He's not free but what about Mike Newell (luton)

If you are sick of long ball,hoof it tactics then you wouldn't want Sturrock believe me.

I'm expecting a slating for this one...but, if MA goes why not Nigel Clough?
He's doin alright with Burton Albion and at least he might try and play the right kind of football!

highland fox said:
Glenn Hoddle.. we'd have God on our side as well then.

can't go wrong with the big man at the helm highland fox

if micky does go (hopefully it won't happen), we will not be able to attract a decent calibre of manager at all, we have no money to spend!

Matt said:
I'm expecting a slating for this one...but, if MA goes why not Nigel Clough?
He's doin alright with Burton Albion and at least he might try and play the right kind of football!

Why don't we just get Barnt Green Spartaks manager, hesw got them promoted the last 2 seasons in a row and on Wed he drew with promotion contenders COVENTRY SPHINX!!

I am under the impression, from having watched that shower of S**T from the kop yesterday that most of the people in this area would really like to see Steve Walsh and Steve Claridge as a partnership. At least both of them have the club a heart. Mr Walsh would certainly beef up the dressing room and get some of the poor performances turned around. I know MA is still the manager and should remain so for a couple of games more, just to see if he could turn things around.

But it really seems that something has got to change. I took us 78 mins to have a serious shot on target yesterday.

Please, please, please sort this out as I am now unable to hold my head up high, and feel that this is not good enough.

Mike Newell and Nigel Clough are the only two sensible suggestions so far, IMO. The rest will NOT want to come here (Houlier, Stachan, Hoddle et al), or are crap anyway (Bryan Robson). Why the hell sack Micky Adams and then replace him with someone like Paul Sturrock?

BTW, have any of you met Steve Walsh? I used to play pool with him quite often at Birch's pub, the Griffin in Swithland (Birch long since departed), about seven or eight yers ago. He's a nice bloke but, believe me, you do NOT want to him as the manager of LCFC. He just wouldn't cut it, and it would be really sad to see a true City hero getting booted out in the end.

agree it would be wrong but the only reason i can see signing him final season we keep then he becomes manager

could be a good manager but a very big risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570