freeview ready tvs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

bought a new 37 inch tv. the lad said it will recieve upto 40 channels by freeview. plugged it in, shoved the aerial in and i got 4 channels bbc 1-2 ,itv, chan 4.
have i been fleeced or does my aerial need upgrading.thanks.

Have you read the manual to see how to set up the Freeview channels?
yes mate. i put it on auto tune and it only picked up the four channels.the four channels came in really clear which makes me think the tv is either not freeview ready and i need to get a box or the built in freeview isnt working.or possibly im missing something.im usually good at setting stuff up but this freeview thing is new to me.

yes mate. i put it on auto tune and it only picked up the four channels.the four channels came in really clear which makes me think the tv is either not freeview ready and i need to get a box or the built in freeview isnt working.or possibly im missing something.im usually good at setting stuff up but this freeview thing is new to me.

It sounds to me like your signal strength is not strong enough, you may need a booster or an upgraded aerial.

It sounds to me like your signal strength is not strong enough, you may need a booster or an upgraded aerial.
i have it plugged into a booster but still get the same.
when you say upgrade the aerial, the aerial i have has allways been good and all the connections are solid. also why would the four channels come in really clear but not a sniff of the others showing up.has anybody else had to upgrade their aerial :102:

i have it plugged into a booster but still get the same.
when you say upgrade the aerial, the aerial i have has allways been good and all the connections are solid. also why would the four channels come in really clear but not a sniff of the others showing up.has anybody else had to upgrade their aerial :102:

I had an analogue and a digital search. Do you have both? :102:

no still cant figure it out.going to pc world tomorrow to kick some ass :icon_conf

Can you activate the red button on the version of BBC 1 that you have. i.e. can you go Interactive or is it just plain Ceefax? :102:

Are you in a freeview reception area?

you need to put it in digital mode :icon_lol: If it dont have one then you dont have freeview. By rights the set should somewhere be displaying the DVB logo if it receives freeview.

you need to put it in digital mode :icon_lol: If it dont have one then you dont have freeview. By rights the set should somewhere be displaying the DVB logo if it receives freeview.

Agreed. :102:

is it possible that my aerial doesent pick up digital stations and i have to get a new aerial (wideband).
has anybody else had to change their aerial:102:

is it possible that my aerial doesent pick up digital stations and i have to get a new aerial (wideband).
has anybody else had to change their aerial:102:

If you have a good quality picture on the normal channels you should be able to get at least some of the digital channels.

Have you actually told it to look for the digital channels yet?

you need to put it in digital mode :icon_lol:
Sorry Duzza, you must be wrong.

If that was the case, it would have been in the instructions and have been blindingly obvious for any idiot to read.

Also, any question with an answer that obvious would have been in the troublesshooting section at the back.

ie:

Problem: My television hasn't got any power to it.

Solution: Make sure that it is plugged into the mains, if it is already in the mains make sure the swicth is turned to the "on" position

I'm sure Biff isn't stupid enough to have gotten this wrong.

Sorry Duzza, you must be wrong.

If that was the case, it would have been in the instructions and have been blindingly obvious for any idiot to read.

Also, any question with an answer that obvious would have been in the troublesshooting section at the back.

ie:

Problem: My television hasn't got any power to it.

Solution: Make sure that it is plugged into the mains, if it is already in the mains make sure the swicth is turned to the "on" position

I'm sure Biff isn't stupid enough to have gotten this wrong.
it doesent say anything about digital mode. the instructions are very easy and when i used the autotune feature it only picked up 4 channels, bbc 1-2 itv and chan 4.ive since read about having to have a wideband aerial to pick up the digital channels. i was wondering if anybody else had to upgrade aerials :102:

this is from the official freeview webpage..
Will I need a new aerial?

If you live in a Freeview area, then you should be all set with your existing aerial. But great TV deserves great reception, so older aerials or those that have taken a beating through weather might need some attention.
If you need a new rooftop aerial or better quality aerial cable, then you'll have to pay the aerial engineers to come and install them. Your local electrical retailer will be able to advise you further. Some retailers offer a survey from around £30 and might even refund the charge from the cost of installing a new aerial, and those start around £80.
We suggest you get in touch with the Confederation of Aerial Industries (CAI)www.cai.org.uk or the Independent Digital Standards Commission (IDSC) www.idsc.uk.com who can give you details of one or more members who operate in your area and guarantee their work.

it doesent say anything about digital mode. the instructions are very easy and when i used the autotune feature it only picked up 4 channels, bbc 1-2 itv and chan 4.ive since read about having to have a wideband aerial to pick up the digital channels. i was wondering if anybody else had to upgrade aerials :102:

this is from the official freeview webpage..
Will I need a new aerial?

If you live in a Freeview area, then you should be all set with your existing aerial. But great TV deserves great reception, so older aerials or those that have taken a beating through weather might need some attention.
If you need a new rooftop aerial or better quality aerial cable, then you'll have to pay the aerial engineers to come and install them. Your local electrical retailer will be able to advise you further. Some retailers offer a survey from around £30 and might even refund the charge from the cost of installing a new aerial, and those start around £80.
We suggest you get in touch with the Confederation of Aerial Industries (CAI)www.cai.org.uk or the Independent Digital Standards Commission (IDSC) www.idsc.uk.com who can give you details of one or more members who operate in your area and guarantee their work.

duzza was right there should be a button on your remote to change to digital TV ,i know this to be right coz thats what we have to do with our TV in our bedroom Sony 28" Triton or how ever its spelled :icon_lol: ,once turned to digital then you have to re-tune it mate :icon_wink

duzza was right there should be a button on your remote to change to digital TV ,i know this to be right coz thats what we have to do with our TV in our bedroom Sony 28" Triton or how ever its spelled :icon_lol: ,once turned to digital then you have to re-tune it mate :icon_wink
nothing on my remote regarding digital mode.
i was going to go to pc world where i bought it but went to a hog roast instead.this might not get resolved untill monday. i will post the outcome tho :icon_wink

nothing on my remote regarding digital mode.
i was going to go to pc world where i bought it but went to a hog roast instead.this might not get resolved untill monday. i will post the outcome tho :icon_wink

shit do we have to wait?

i was really hoping to find out today, not sure ill be able to sleep now tonight biff.

Is there no way you can contact pc world now? im seriously worried about this.

shit do we have to wait?

i was really hoping to find out today, not sure ill be able to sleep now tonight biff.

Is there no way you can contact pc world now? im seriously worried about this.

Too right. What is the model of the TV? Should be able to solve the problem. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669