freeview ready tvs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit do we have to wait?

i was really hoping to find out today, not sure ill be able to sleep now tonight biff.

Is there no way you can contact pc world now? im seriously worried about this.
you will have to wait :018::icon_bigg

it doesent say anything about digital mode. the instructions are very easy and when i used the autotune feature it only picked up 4 channels, bbc 1-2 itv and chan 4.ive since read about having to have a wideband aerial to pick up the digital channels. i was wondering if anybody else had to upgrade aerials :102:

this is from the official freeview webpage..
Will I need a new aerial?

If you live in a Freeview area, then you should be all set with your existing aerial. But great TV deserves great reception, so older aerials or those that have taken a beating through weather might need some attention.
If you need a new rooftop aerial or better quality aerial cable, then you'll have to pay the aerial engineers to come and install them. Your local electrical retailer will be able to advise you further. Some retailers offer a survey from around £30 and might even refund the charge from the cost of installing a new aerial, and those start around £80.
We suggest you get in touch with the Confederation of Aerial Industries (CAI)www.cai.org.uk or the Independent Digital Standards Commission (IDSC) www.idsc.uk.com who can give you details of one or more members who operate in your area and guarantee their work.

the constant references to your analogue search have nothing to do with the digital elements of your TV. they are not linked in any way and will not both operate within the same mode of your tv.

Last edited:
Built-In Digital TV Tuner / Freeview No

Built in tuner for receiving Digital TV Broadcasting.

From the specs. :icon_conf

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/pi/2-947764/TVs/Polaroid-TLU-03711C-Product-Info
what do you make of this from pc world...

The Polaroid 37'' HD Ready LCD offers fantastic picture quality when connected to a HD source. Its sleek and slender design makes this TV the ideal choice for any livingroom.
  • HD Ready Technology
  • Receive up to 41 digital TV channels
  • Twin HDMI digital connectivity
  • NICAM Stereo Sound
  • PC Connectivity
--

what do you make of this from pc world...

The Polaroid 37'' HD Ready LCD offers fantastic picture quality when connected to a HD source. Its sleek and slender design makes this TV the ideal choice for any livingroom.
  • HD Ready Technology
  • Receive up to 41 digital TV channels
  • Twin HDMI digital connectivity
  • NICAM Stereo Sound
  • PC Connectivity
--

It could do but you might have to buy a box to do it. :icon_conf

g_00039233.jpg

Consumer views

steven this is the tv and its got a freeview sticker. what does that mean.very misleading.

just got back from pc world and theyve admitted that information that they gave to me was misleading.the outcome,a free freeview box for moi :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669