Fryatt to Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a shame to lose him after his first really productive season but I wouldn't be as gutted as when Muzzy or Dickov left. I don't see why Campbell couldn't replace him, I know he's been acting like a knob and is well out of favour with NP but getting him back and playing as well as he can would be like having a new player. We'd still need one more striker though, if the budjet is tight hopefully any money from this proposed Matty deal will be spent wisely.

1. he is shit
2. can't imagine he'd get a warm reception from our fans
3. he is shit

1. he is shit
2. can't imagine he'd get a warm reception from our fans
3. he is shit

:icon_lol: Buit nine in twenty for Blackpool proves he is quality....

I'm just saying we have a half decent striker still knocking about at the club and we might as well use him rather than spending money on two strikers rather than just a replacement for Fryatt.

Although I don't think Wigan will sign Fryup so its no biggie anyways.....

As for making it up to the fans a box of milk tray and some flowers from a garage should do it ;)

Last edited:
why does it matter when he scored the goals? /QUOTE]

It matters from the point of view that he seems to become a more prolific scorer around the time for his contract to be renewed and then goes off the boil afterwards. As he doesn't have a reneweal due at any point next season, I wonder just how many goals we'll see from him. I might be wrong, I hope I am. Only time will tell.

why does it matter when he scored the goals? /QUOTE]

It matters from the point of view that he seems to become a more prolific scorer around the time for his contract to be renewed and then goes off the boil afterwards. As he doesn't have a reneweal due at any point next season, I wonder just how many goals we'll see from him. I might be wrong, I hope I am. Only time will tell.

Actually he stopped being "prolific" a few weeks before his new contract

Actually he stopped being "prolific" a few weeks before his new contract

He stopped being prolific when Dyer stopped playing well. Fryatt like most strikers needs players who can break down defences; if they do he will score. Sadly I think this is no longer true of Dickov.

DJ Campbell puzzles me. I do not think he is without ability but he has underperformed for Leicester and his performances for Blackpool bear this out. He will certainly have felt he was preferred to Fryatt by Martin Allen who treated Matty disgracefully.
He played badly under Allen because we were not a team. Megson, Burrows, Holloway and Pearson rightly in my opinion preferred Matty Fryatt but I don't think Campbell was far behind him. Perhaps DJ was disheartened by his constantly being offside; if so he would have been better adjusting his game. I hope Matty stays but if he goes and we cannot bring in a replacement I would rather have Campbell than Dickov.

Great wisdom in my opinion.

In fact, I understand that overnight a queue of strikers who scored 30 goals plus last season at the same or higher levels than Fryatt now stretches several times around the Walkers.

All these strikers are mad keen to sign for City and are backed by their clubs who don't want to stand in their way of joining a massive club like Leicester and won't spoil things by charging any sort of fee.

Yes Harbro Fox, it would be so easy to replace our top goal scorer - everybody knows that.

Our topgoalscorer from League 1 who did nothing in his previous years in the Championship for Leicester.

I don't dislike Fryatt I 'm just saying if we are offered 3 million I think we should take it as Fryatt is unproven in the Championship and with 3 million we could spend money a striker who you know is going to definetly score you goals, and with Fryatt you don't know if he will score goals next year or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our topgoalscorer from League 1 who did nothing in his previous years in the Championship for Leicester.

OK, Fryatt's never quite done the business for us in the Championship before, but he was never exactly playing week in week out, also you have to remember that pretty much since he joined us we'd been a struggling team who didn't exactly score bagloads. In a good partnership with Howard I think he can have a good season in the Championship this year.

It's all well and good selling him for 3 million but that leaves us with striking options of Howard, Dickov and Campbell, so basically needing 2 new strikers at least. If you think signing two decent strikers will be easy, then look at the trouble we had trying to sign Cox, who had a similarly successful season to Fryatt last season. And even if we get them, whats to say either will gel with Howard as well as Fryatt has?

[noparse]
[/noparse]

He stopped being prolific when Dyer stopped playing well. Fryatt like most strikers needs players who can break down defences; if they do he will score. Sadly I think this is no longer true of Dickov.

DJ Campbell puzzles me. I do not think he is without ability but he has underperformed for Leicester and his performances for Blackpool bear this out.

I completely agree and would say DJ isn't the only striker we've had that would/could have done a lot better in a decent team - Matty Fryatt being a good example.

Mind you, there's no excuse for being offside.

I completely agree and would say DJ isn't the only striker we've had that would/could have done a lot better in a decent team - Matty Fryatt being a good example.

Mind you, there's no excuse for being offside.

But even with a decent team, DJ is on the record saying that City are crap and he would rather play anywhere else than here.

What can Pearson do other than try to ship him out? There is also the negative effect he may have on the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670