FT No More

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

As someone close the original setup of the FT around the time of administration - I would advocate that the organisation has moved on so far from its original objectives, values and reasons for creation that its time it renamed or reinvented itself as something other then where we left the trust shortly after helping the club come of administration.

Whilst many reasons behind this statement – just take a look at the last few months of articles on the FT website – match reviews and travel directions is not why I got involved (happy I got away when I did) and sends the wrong message out to clubs who sit there thinking whether to take trusts seriously or not.

Think of a clever way of dealing with the 100k or so shares the FT owns on behalf of its members and pack up and go home.

As someone close the original setup of the FT around the time of administration - I would advocate that the organisation has moved on so far from its original objectives, values and reasons for creation that its time it renamed or reinvented itself as something other then where we left the trust shortly after helping the club come of administration.

Whilst many reasons behind this statement – just take a look at the last few months of articles on the FT website – match reviews and travel directions is not why I got involved (happy I got away when I did) and sends the wrong message out to clubs who sit there thinking whether to take trusts seriously or not.

Think of a clever way of dealing with the 100k or so shares the FT owns on behalf of its members and pack up and go home.

Match reviews have taken place for 3 seasons now & were introduced to allow some members to contribute & have dialogue with the Trust. This allows some Foxile members to be involved in some way (eg those based in the North covering games), while of those more locally based, their contact has grown leading to more involvement to the point of joining the Trust board.

The travel arrangements were added this season, as we had a couple of member requests about providing this service, thinking that with the Trust network some useful advice could be gained.

We will be asking our members at the AGM for feedback on the website

Re our shares, a further article will cover this topic.

Finally we would agree that the Trust has to evolve, and with the change in LCFC ownership re-invent itself & then do so again when it's ownership changes in the future.

Match reviews have taken place for 3 seasons now & were introduced to allow some members to contribute & have dialogue with the Trust. This allows some Foxile members to be involved in some way (eg those based in the North covering games), while of those more locally based, their contact has grown leading to more involvement to the point of joining the Trust board.

Little evidence of this - most of the reviews and write up comes from a small group and I’m not sure how half a dozen or so match reviewers really help members contribute and have dialogue - loads of far better ways for LCFC members to stay in touch - this website being one of them.

Its great that more folk are thinking of (or actually) joining the board though not sure what role, skills or resource they bring except their ability to write up on the match – but that’s what I read The Fox and Merc for.

The travel arrangements were added this season, as we had a couple of member requests about providing this service, thinking that with the Trust network some useful advice could be gained.

Again great but the sum of making members feel together, travel arrangements and a method of recruitment (which is not great given the lack of new members onto the board) - by your own words hardly getting anyone jumping out their seats.

We will be asking our members at the AGM for feedback on the website

Don't think thats the best use of time of the AGM - how about a question on the objectives and vision of the trust and the value in its existence in the future?

Re our shares, a further article will cover this topic.

Great - look forward to it - already at least 6 months due.

Finally we would agree that the Trust has to evolve, and with the change in LCFC ownership re-invent itself & then do so again when it's ownership changes in the future.

Then lets see some action on this - not telling supporters to "get behind the team" the FT really is beginning to lose even the most converted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then lets see some action on this - not telling supporters to "get behind the team" the FT really is beginning to lose even the most converted.

We would be interested to receive any views on our future role and would appreciate this directly from you on this message board, on private mail via this board or e-mail - perhaps after the full series of articles are concluded?

Will the Trust be bearing in mind that all the money put into buckets was put there for the benefit of the football club and not for the benefit of the Foxes Trust?

We would be interested to receive any views on our future role and would appreciate this directly from you on this message board, on private mail via this board or e-mail - perhaps after the full series of articles are concluded?

You have my views on my original post on this thread - the fact this dialogue is happening on this website, by me (a non member - let alone board member) is a failure in itself as far as I'm concerned - but to reiterate, think about how to deal with the shares, pack up and go home - not particularly constructive I know but thats what I personally think.

That's it? Five years of activity spans a full two sentences? Weak.

Does no-one on the FT board reckon a little more detail might be useful?

The rest is confidential. You'll just have to trust them.

What the f*ck?!?
Using the nauseating, cringeworthy term 'foxile' in response to a serious question is just criminal.

Those that think they could do a better job should get off their fat, lazy, cynical arses and do something about it.

IMO.

Those that think they could do a better job should get off their fat, lazy, cynical arses and do something about it.

IMO.

I think you are missing the point. :icon_conf The post is about no longer having a clearly defined role. What job are they effectively doing now? :102:

IMO.

Do something about what? Do a better job at what?

I think it is perfectly in order for people to tell the FT that there is no role for them in the way that they envisage. And to call for them to allocate their ill-gotten gains to the cause for which it was first donated..

That's it? Five years of activity spans a full two sentences? Weak.

Does no-one on the FT board reckon a little more detail might be useful?

We have provided details of our activity to our membership via newsletters and the fan base via articles in each edition of the Fox Fanzine and website articles throughout our existance.

The current series of articles is aimed at giving a brief summary of what has been achieved & then look to the future giving an assessment on how the original declared objectives can now be pursued.

The series of articles will continue later this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670