FT No More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Bob

Why is that Disco Bob, it is because when you wanted to do the media role for Trust that you found it that you had to consult other board members & just couldn't say what you alone thought was right?
Yes that was it exactly, except for the bit I have just quoted which just goes to confirm what an arse you are.

homer

Nice guy, probably too nice though. Can't imagine he has managed to influence many situations.

Apart from hanging on to Craig Levein for a few weeks more, and ensuring that we didn't appoint Neil Warnock

Good stuff :038:

Biffa Bacon

I couldn't care less about the foxes trust except for the way they make trusts as a whole look a waste of time (good trusts aren't, ours is!).

DesertFox

Apart from hanging on to Craig Levein for a few weeks more, and ensuring that we didn't appoint Neil Warnock

Good stuff :038:
Oh, and helping save the club from going out of business forever, there was that little matter.

But yeah, you're quite right, apart from saving us from going out of existence, what have The Trust ever done for us, eh? Bastards!

foxxhunter

i thought the trust was set up to raise cash to get a member in the boardroom so the fans av a say in the running of the club....unfortunately we all know that this is never going to happen EVER..not just because of the small issue of raising enough funds but do we realy think the club or manderic would allow it...that **** tim davies certainly wouldnt....i think the people at the trust r completely wasting there time...i read there 2 page spread in the fox fanzine where they inform us of there progress and there just isnt any...AT ALL

homer

Oh, and helping save the club from going out of business forever, there was that little matter.

But yeah, you're quite right, apart from saving us from going out of existence, what have The Trust ever done for us, eh? Bastards!

If you actually bother to read my post you would realise I was referring to one individual's ability to influence boardroom level decision making

But, there again, I wouldn't want to stop you from making your extremely funny comment

alex

If you actually bother to read my post you would realise I was referring to one individual's ability to influence boardroom level decision making

But, there again, I wouldn't want to stop you from making your extremely funny comment

Fancy a cuddle?

Biffa Bacon

The £100,000ish that the trust raised from fans and put into the club wasn't what saved the club, it was the other investors who did that, seems that you've accepted the trusts self promotion as 'the saviour of city'.

Foxes_Trust

The £100,000ish that the trust raised from fans and put into the club wasn't what saved the club, it was the other investors who did that, seems that you've accepted the trusts self promotion as 'the saviour of city'.

It was obviously all the shareholders who contributed to saving the club, however it was very close to not happening, so if the consortium had raised £100k less, the consortium would not have meet the deadline set to raise the funds.

The Trust received a call 20 minutes after the deal was done from John Holmes to thank us for the efforts we had made in raising the funds & stating the above.

And Tim Davis repeated that this was the case at an Trust open meeting shortly afterwards.

DesertFox

No, you're right, 100K raised by the fans is completely pointless. What a sad and pathetic bunch they are, those "fans". I don't see the point in them, personally. Football would be better off without them.

DesertFox

:039: Here all week, Homey, here all week.

Leesoh

No, you're right, 100K raised by the fans is completely pointless. What a sad and pathetic bunch they are, those "fans". I don't see the point in them, personally. Football would be better off without them.
He doesn't say it was pointless, just that the Trust's claim to be the saviour of the club when in fact they are a small part of the bigger picture is spurious at the least.

newtonfox

It was obviously all the shareholders who contributed to saving the club, however it was very close to not happening, so if the consortium had raised £100k less, the consortium would not have meet the deadline set to raise the funds.

The Trust received a call 20 minutes after the deal was done from John Holmes to thank us for the efforts we had made in raising the funds & stating the above.

And Tim Davis repeated that this was the case at an Trust open meeting shortly afterwards.

IM sorry but you collected the money we the fans gave the money you seem to forget this every time you talk about this so in fact we all saved our club if it was not for us (the fan ) you or the club would not be around so get off your bloody high horse and smell the coffee ffs

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

You are totally correct in your feeling. But the important thing to remember is that this was money raised by the fans, not by the Trust. The money was donated to the rescue of the club and channelled through the only viable avenue. The money belongs to the club - not to the Trust.

I would have far more respect for the Trust if they had been set up at a time when the club was not in crisis and had grown by their own efforts and not on account of the coincidence of the timing.

Biffa Bacon

I didn't call anything sad or pathetic, get of your high horse cowboy.

Foxes_Trust

You are totally correct in your feeling. But the important thing to remember is that this was money raised by the fans, not by the Trust. The money was donated to the rescue of the club and channelled through the only viable avenue. The money belongs to the club - not to the Trust.QUOTE]

While there is no doubt that fans put money in to save the club, the bucket collections which any fan could contribute to only raised about 10% of the initial funds raised, the vast majority of money came from Trust members in terms of membership fees & their donations.

Additional money as raised mainly through Trust board members efforts in organising raffles & events, plus the many calls to businesses that were made to donate items for prizes or say office equipment.

That money was raised to ensure the club existed, any money being returned now, does not need to be re-invested in the club at this time, as the clubs future is not in doubt, but it could be at the time Milan decides to leave, therefore there is more logic to keeping the money as we don't know what the status of the club will be at that time. This is something we will consult members about at our AGM

Foxes_Trust

I would have far more respect for the Trust if they had been set up at a time when the club was not in crisis and had grown by their own efforts and not on account of the coincidence of the timing.

We did commence the process of setting up a Trust prior to Administration, with the original plan to pool together small shareholders votes, so we could call an EGM, so the early days of the Trust were aimed at growing via that plan & with the same aim of giving the fans a voice.

However Administration caused an immediate re-focus to help save the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670