Pre Match Fulham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referee: Darren Bond.
Assistants: Darren Cann, James Mainwaring.
Fourth official: Leigh Doughty.
VAR: Jarred Gillett.
Assistant VAR: Derek Eaton.

I’d only change Mavididi for BDCR. Skipp can come in another week.

We can rest Vardy when we get another striker in.

I'd play De Cordova Reid for his defensive work.

That's what I said in the post match thread. I think this is why Cooper played him last night.
Yes and i think Skipp will add even more in that sense. I think Cooper is looking to build a team that will outrun and out tackle most others.

Same team?

Does Skipp start?
Mavididi?
Same team for me.

I think we'll see a midfield 3 of Winks, Skipp & Ndidi a few times though where Cooper wants to keep it tighter.

Hopefully not yet though as that second half last night showed we don't need to be too afraid of trying to play our game rather than focusing on just containing the opposition.

I would expect the same starting line up as Monday night with Skipp and Ayew adding depth to the bench.

I heard someone on 5Live this week (sorry didn't get the name but was a well informed journalist) say that talk inside the game is that we're going to get a huge deduction for PSR failures in 22/23 and 23/24 which ought to be at least eight points for each one. This may well get negotiated down a bit but our approach in terms of denying and fighting the charges won't do us any favours.

This will hang over our season for several months until the number is eventually announced. I'm certain that it has been a factor in our losing out in signing targets this summer. It also makes games like today seem both vital and pointless if that makes sense?

Fulham are a 50 point a season team. Far too good to go down but nothing special. A 50 point season is exactly what we need to have any chance to survive so seeing us up against them today will be interesting. If we're not at their level today, we need to get to their level very fast.

There’s been speculation about our supposed points deduction for months.
No one knows a) whether we’ll actually get a points deduction ( must likely will, but not definite)
b) if we do get a points deduction, how many points
c) how many will be suspended/ reduced

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36