Confirmed Transfer Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very good signing.

NP has certainly learned from his mistakes of the past.

I applaud him.

Mix double barrelled surname with linear text line ups and you've got a twelveth man. Cunning. Welcome domestic

A very good signing.

NP has certainly learned from his mistakes of the past.

I applaud him.

I don't get this. People saying Pearson was reluctant to sign more experienced players to calm it down if we have a bad run, it's exactly what he did when we won L1 - Powell, Edworthy, I think another too but I don't recall another name.

He's going for it this season. And I'm feeling very positive indeed.

Last edited:
His mistakes of last season to which there were a few.

One example would have to be of not bringing in new players ahead of when it was needed in order to create better healthy competition.

If he had made a signing such as this prior to our hideous collapse towards the latter end of last season we might have been able to turn things round sooner.

He has also shown flexibility in formations and tactics and although I have seen us play badly we are not suing badly in all games and certainly in the last couple of games we have played well.

At the moment I apaud our progress and what Pearson, through his players has achieved...and long may it continue.

Last edited:
I was most concerned at the signing, singular, prior to season start. It looked as if we were not bothered but, I think that the three recent signings have been excellent and I feel more positive than I have since Pearson's return (Cue a lead balloon drop into the relegation zone :icon_bigg)

His mistakes of last season to which there were a few.

One example would have to be of not bringing in new players ahead of when it was needed in order to create better healthy competition.

If he had made a signing such as this prior to our hideous collapse towards the latter end of last season we might have been able to turn things round sooner.

He has also shown flexibility in formations and tactics and although I have seen us play badly we are not suing badly in all games and certainly in the last couple of games we have played well.

At the moment I apaud our progress and what Pearson, through his players has achieved...and long may it continue.

But with knowing that FFP was coming in, and Pearson was tasked with reducing the wage bill, how would he have have the option of bringing extra (more senior) players in? I don't know how much Wood is on. Perhaps it's more than I'd expect.

He's managed that now so why couldn't he have done so last season particularly as we were in the promotion mix up and a push could well have seen us stay in the top two?

I think the truth of it is that Pearson was being arrogant and somehow didn't envisage the collapse that other posters predicted was on the horizon a good couple of weeks before it happened (pre Middlesbrough).

We were heading for a car crash and the manager did nothing to avert it.

I am sure the Thais could have been persuaded to spend £xxx when we were sitting pretty?

He's managed that now so why couldn't he have done so last season particularly as we were in the promotion mix up and a push could well have seen us stay in the top two?

I think the truth of it is that Pearson was being arrogant and somehow didn't envisage the collapse that other posters predicted was on the horizon a good couple of weeks before it happened (pre Middlesbrough).

We were heading for a car crash and the manager did nothing to avert it.

I am sure the Thais could have been persuaded to spend £xxx when we were sitting pretty?
Hindsight is such a wonderful wonderful thing!

Who made those predictions?

Do you not remember Pearson coming on here and saying all was well and he didn't need to sign anyone? Then those posters said he was wrong but he was having none of it, the arrogant bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566