Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably doesnt but I have a feeling you are about to get the record out and attempt to get the needle stuck :icon_bigg

No not at all, that is the last thing I want to do. I would use a digital format so there would be no needle to get stuck! ;)

Your statutory rights. Do you not know what they are?

I thought I did but I can't see a shop taking back a product after 18 months of hard wear. They sold it to me in good faith, yes it may be a sales contract but it did not have a defect or a fault at the time of sale.

All of the things that I have searched for since reading this thread on the web have not stated I can take something back like you suggest. Can you provide where it states in Regulation where this is the case? I don't mean in guidance I mean in actual legislation. I deal with regulations in my job and i know our guidance means shit as its not a leagal document.

No one else seems to be taking your approach Matt stores or MS. When yours breaks let me know how you get on.

I thought I did but I can't see a shop taking back a product after 18 months of hard wear. They sold it to me in good faith, yes it may be a sales contract but it did not have a defect or a fault at the time of sale.

All of the things that I have searched for since reading this thread on the web have not stated I can take something back like you suggest. Can you provide where it states in Regulation where this is the case? I don't mean in guidance I mean in actual legislation. I deal with regulations in my job and i know our guidance means shit as its not a leagal document.

No one else seems to be taking your approach Matt stores or MS. When yours breaks let me know how you get on.

I did just write a massive reply and then Firefox crashed!!! Arrrgggggggghhh!!

If I can be bothered again I will, but I got exams next week.

The stores and definitely MS will blatently not take my approach. They would lose so much money it would be unbelievable if they did. But they do have a responsibility to sell goods that are worthy. A consumer may take action against a retailer upto 6 years after the original purchase.

In addition to this, if you purchased the console with a credit card, then you credit company is jointly responsible under the Consumer Credit Act I believe.

Finally, MS also admitted that there were faults with the launch consoles and repaired faulty oned for free and extended warranties in America, even though the same consoles are used over here, if you kicked up a fuss over this (Small Claims Court) they would more than likely rule in your favour.

Last edited:
I wish you had this discussion before I already coughed up and sent the bleedar back :biggrin:

Which reminds me they sent me a different console I want to know if its reconditioned or new.

I am not happy with MS at all.

When my 360 broke my PC had a major crash so to console myself I went and bought a PS£ off of EBay :icon_eek:

I wish you had this discussion before I already coughed up and sent the bleedar back :biggrin:

Which reminds me they sent me a different console I want to know if its reconditioned or new.

I am not happy with MS at all.

When my 360 broke my PC had a major crash so to console myself I went and bought a PS£ off of EBay :icon_eek:

They send out reconditioned units, it is definitely not new! Least you have a 360 again now anyway! :038:

Hows the PS3?

Well at least its under warranty for another year and I can extend that by another £26 per year. I might do that as its reconditioned. They said if the machine was unrepairable then that is MS policy. The only problem with the machine was the disc player was ruined, you tell me they can't put in a new disk drive :102:

I like the PS3 a lot very impressive, needs more things to come out but you feel like its a beast in the waiting. Got a good price off of EBay and the bloke lived in Stanmore which was 10 mins away so I picked it up rather than pay postage. It runs like the PSP its the same system. Apprently you can install Linux on it. The PSN (Live) seems alright not as good as Live with invites but it is free. I have not got a game that I have had on my 360 so can't really give a direct comparision. Its a better build, quiter (hardly notice that is on) I love the way you put the discs in and out.

Not tried a blu-ray movie on it yet but should be getting one free from Sony for signing up for a newtwork account.

Sounds good mate, I have seen them in the shops and they look great on HD. I also like the fact that you get everything with it, Blu-Ray, Big Hard Drive, Wireless adapter etc and don't think it is the rip off people claim it to be. It is a lot more cost effective to purchase the PS3 than an Xbox 360 with the additional extras.

I would advise you to take out the extra warranty as I thought the warranty on a repaired unit was only 3 months and have read some horror stories of owners who are on there 5th or even 6th console.

I have not heard a anything about them going wrong yet?

It is not bad when you put all the money spent on the 360. Wireless adapt, battery pack for the controllers a massive HDD and you are laughing plus the options to have it through an HDMI cable :icon_wink and make full use of my HDTV apart from I only have 1080i rather than 1080p:icon_cry:

They are coming down in price most places are showing them as 399.99 I got mine for £330 which to be honest i was happier to pay rather than shelling out half a grand for it.

Last edited:
Sorry mate, was talking about the Xbox 360 warranty not the PS3. I have read that the PS3s have been built well to last around 10 years, which given todays rate, would be amazing.

Its under warranty now so will probably keep it that way.

With the PS£ I think I could drop it on the floor and it would just make a hole in it without a scratch on it.

Mind you it seems attracted to fingerprints can't seem to get it free from them.

this is the KLFox thread this is ;)

The Ps3 has potential, online sucks to a 360 but I know you don't play live so would not care.

Graphically on my HDTV can't really see a great load of difference. I think both look as sweet as each other.

Games wise Motorstorm is very good and I like Resistance the more I play it. But I have not got anything to compare the two against each other.

Build wise PS3 hands down does not sound like its taking off when you boot it up and feels like a solid brick. Now my 360 has broke once and I have been shafted over that I don’t like MS much anymore!

If you have the money and want one then go for it if you have a 360 and are not to fussed I would stay with the 360 to be honest. Unless you prefer the PS3 exclusives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570