Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, if it went to a court of law then you would probably get a replacement but I'm talking about standard practice here. It's unfathomable the number of people who used to come in to my shop and expect a replacement for something that was 10 months old or similar. I commonly refered to them as C*nts.

You are selling goods, and are therefore responsible for them under the sale of goods act. :102:

But as just said no retailer will actually repair the consoles. So will replace.

No it is not, the amount of consoles that will get returned to a shop directly will be a very small percentage as the shop will say that you have to send it back to Microsoft etc and very few people are blessed with the knowledge of consumer protection so will just do what the shop says.

NO THEY WONT!! You think you buy a 40 inch Plasma and 10 months later when it goes Pop, Currys will just wheel a new one out from the Warehouse?? :102: They will repair it through Mastercare (their repair arm) or send it to Tosh/Sony etc.

Its the shop responsibilty to send it back to Microsoft, not the consumers. I'd love for you to try and take a major electrical appliance back to a retailer demanding a replacement oustide of 30 days and see how far you get.

Why don't you two go and set up a private lobby and shotgun, kerb stomp and chainsaw the fuk out of each other

Does that mean you cant find it?

No that was what we were doing. Going round in circles.

My original point was that you could get a product replaced outside of the guarantee and after re-reading everything it seems that we had crossed wires.

No that was what we were doing. Going round in circles.

My original point was that you could get a product replaced outside of the guarantee and after re-reading everything it seems that we had crossed wires.
or repaired :icon_wink

Hahaha that was funny as **** :038:

Right to settle this debate.

The shop you buy it form will give you 12 months warranty from when you bought it. Unless you took out the additional warrnty offered by MS when purchased :)098: which I did not due to never having anything gone wrong with a games console before :098: )then after one year if it breaks you send it back to MS and cough up to get it fixed as it is no longer in the warranty period.

This was agreed between retailers and MS before release.

After 10 months or so, if you still have your receipt you can exchange you 360 normally by telling Game (or any other store) that is has this error or that error. Due to it being replaced you can then get a new 1 years warranty. UNfortunaley I did not know this at the time.

I will check the serial number when the bugger gets sent back to me. If they have changed it I want to have a new one not a re-conditioned one.

Last edited:
The shop you buy it form will give you 12 months warranty from when you bought it. Unless you took out the additional warrnty offered by MS when purchased :)098: which I did not due to never having anything gone wrong with a games console before :098: )then after one year if it breaks you send it back to MS and cough up to get it fixed as it is no longer in the warranty period.

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but that bit is balls, a warranty does not effect your statutory rights, it is something in addition to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566