Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO :098:

:098: F**king xbox won't play any f**king disc sent back to M$ :098:

God i have withdrawl sympthoms already and its only been a day :icon_eek:

How long have you had your Xbox?
Also if you purchased it from a shop as opposed to online your first port of call should have been there to get it replaced there instead of sending it back to Microsoft for them to give you a reconditioned unit that is most likely to be well over a year old!!

Please for God do not tell me that you are paying for it to be repaired!!

Sorry to here about it anyway! Hope you get it back soon!

Last edited:
How long have you had your Xbox?
Also if you purchased it from a shop as opposed to online your first port of call should have been there to get it replaced there instead of sending it back to Microsoft for them to give you a reconditioned unit that is most likely to be well over a year old!!

Please for God do not tell me that you are paying for it to be repaired!!

Sorry to here about it anyway! Hope you get it back soon!

All depends on Microsofts policy on faulty units, makes no difference at all where you bought it. They are only obliged to replace it within 30 days of purchase.

All depends on Microsofts policy on faulty units, makes no difference at all where you bought it. They are only obliged to replace it within 30 days of purchase.

Thats balls mate, have you never herd of The Sale of Goods Act? ;)

Right OK. Perhaps youd like to tell me about it??

It states that any good that is sold must be fit for use for a reasonable amount of time and something costing near £300 should be expected to last a lot longer than a year as well.

In addition to this, it states that the responsibility is with the outlet who sold you the good and not the manufacturer so you should therefore take it back to where you bought it. The guarantee and returns policy of shops are just extra incentives that they use to make them look as if they care about you, notice how it will say on the guarantee that it will say 'this does not effect your statutory rights', your statutory rights are to do with the sale of goods act that basically means that you have the guarantee which is extra protection for your good as well as the sale of good act.

Basically if it is less than 2 years old and a shop refused to replace it as it was outside the guarantee tell them you will take them to the small claims court and they will back down immediately as the consumer is almost 'guaranteed' to win!

KL's had is Xbox 360 well over a year and was one of the very first off the production line. I suspect you may well be wasting your own time's debating it.

It states that any good that is sold must be fit for use for a reasonable amount of time and something costing near £300 should be expected to last a lot longer than a year as well.

In addition to this, it states that the responsibility is with the outlet who sold you the good and not the manufacturer so you should therefore take it back to where you bought it. The guarantee and returns policy of shops are just extra incentives that they use to make them look as if they care about you, notice how it will say on the guarantee that it will say 'this does not effect your statutory rights', your statutory rights are to do with the sale of goods act that basically means that you have the guarantee which is extra protection for your good as well as the sale of good act.

Basically if it is less than 2 years old and a shop refused to replace it as it was outside the guarantee tell them you will take them to the small claims court and they will back down immediately as the consumer is almost 'guaranteed' to win!

I never said you send it back to the manufacturer, its just them that will sort it out ultimatley. The sale of goods act is irelevant to my point that they are only obliged to replace it within 30 days, outside of that they are quite within their rights to activate a repair or replace it with a recon unit. Which I am sure they will do.

'fit for purpose' etc is a seperate issue and one o explore if theyve refused to do anything about it. Which they clearly havent.

Last edited:
I posted this earlier on mate's blog, he was telling the "Yanks" that GOW shouldn't be taken so serious as it isn't real life, i replied with my own personal experiences:

Bubbles Blueboy said:
GOW is serious shit, it's now becoming real life. I've found myself roadie running at people through the marketplace, diving into cover when I hear the slightest sound.

Somebody dropped their shopping bag in town the other day and without thinking I kerb stomped it. A potato rolled loose and I slid into it, picked it up, did a stealth like roadie run and slammed it into the side of some old lady. I then ran like **** before she exploded and took me with her.

I was however arrested for criminal damage to a shopping bag and for putting the said old lady into hospital with high blood pressure and a weakened heart. In fact you could say I had more success in Melton marketplace than I do on the game.

I never said you send it back to the manufacturer, its just them that will sort it out ultimatley. The sale of goods act is irelevant to my point that they are only obliged to replace it within 30 days, outside of that they are quite within their rights to activate a repair or replace it with a recon unit. Which I am sure they will do.

'fit for purpose' etc is a seperate issue and one o explore if theyve refused to do anything about it. Which they clearly havent.

Yes but as I said, it is not to do with the manufacturer, it is the place where you bought it from. :102:

So if you bought it from Curry's, for example, then you should go there to sort out the problem and not Microsoft.

Every retailer is bound by The Sale of Goods Act.

I posted this earlier on mate's blog, he was telling the "Yanks" that GOW shouldn't be taken so serious as it isn't real life, i replied with my own personal experiences:

Snap! :icon_lol:

I just went out the back for a cig and was hiding behind the wall creeping round as if I had a sniper rifle!!

Yes but as I said, it is not to do with the manufacturer, it is the place where you bought it from. :102:

So if you bought it from Curry's, for example, then you should go there to sort out the problem and not Microsoft.

Every retailer is bound by The Sale of Goods Act.

Take it back to the retailer, of course. However they are bound by Microsofts policy on faulty units as to their actions. If MS's policy is to swap all faulty units then they will swap it (it wont be). If its to action a repair then thats what they will do and simply send it to MS (or MS's agent) for repair. You think the retailers just stack up the faulty units and burn them? Before 30 days - replace. After 30 days - repair.

Snap! :icon_lol:

I just went out the back for a cig and was hiding behind the wall creeping round as if I had a sniper rifle!!
:icon_lol:

I have to roadie run down to the bottom of my garden to water the new trees as though there is a fecking sniper looking over the wall from the paddock behind, i no longer feel safe anymore.

Just the other day I was pruning back the willow tree and ran round the garden revving up my chainsaw just on the off chance the sniper had swapped his weapon for a shotgun or 'nade tag.

I now lay in bed on a night with my snooker cue aiming at my bedroom door, I can't lead a normal life anymore

:icon_lol:

I have to roadie run down to the bottom of my garden to water the new trees as though there is a fecking sniper looking over the wall from the paddock behind, i no longer feel safe anymore.

Just the other day I was pruning back the willow tree and ran round the garden revving up my chainsaw just on the off chance the sniper had swapped his weapon for a shotgun or 'nade tag.

I now lay in bed on a night with my snooker cue aiming at my bedroom door, I can't lead a normal life anymore

One of my friends said he was dreaming that he was in GoW and that he got murdered, not played it since! :icon_lol:

The amount of times I say to friends 'I would love to chainsaw him/grenade tag...' is getting rather worrying now come to think about it! :icon_lol:

You gona be on later this afternoon Melton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669