Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes jump forward into a roll or jump to the side. ;)

Found it very hard to believe that you did not know that!
I now know of what you refer, I use it mostly in online matches to get a quick start off to grab the weapons, particularly in Gridlock to rush the snipe rifle

Anyone still play this online??

I just got another free months Xbox Live Gold Membership so will be on it a bit. Especially in a couple of weeks, when my dissertation is handed in!!

Anyone still play this online??

I just got another free months Xbox Live Gold Membership so will be on it a bit. Especially in a couple of weeks, when my dissertation is handed in!!
Probably be on later tonight, I'll give you a shout if so

I still do but have been playing other games of late.

I have not seen you online for a while Melts been busy?

I still do but have been playing other games of late.

I have not seen you online for a while Melts been busy?
No, I'm still struggling to talk without losing my breath, XBL is very hard work

Long session on this tonight me thinks. Every ****ing chainsaw kill, head stomp, shotgun to the belly etc will be dedicated to the whole of our ****ing club. The first head stomp I perform tonight will be Rob Kelly.

The rest will be dedicated to various member of the club depending on the messiness of the kill.

I'll get you you bastards (angry fist shaking)

I might well see you on there Melts. I haven't played it myself in about a week. I've been meaning to download the virtua tennis 3 demo to see if it's any good from live marketplace anyway..

I might well see you on there Melts. I haven't played it myself in about a week. I've been meaning to download the virtua tennis 3 demo to see if it's any good from live marketplace anyway..
I should be on with a few of my usual mates around 9ish, I'll send you an invite if I see you, it might help us get rid of some anger

Going to have a quick blast on it now, will probably be on early evening as well if anyone will be around.

A new mode called Annex is romoured to be released in the next patch:

A round is won in Annex by winning and maintaining control over specific map locations. The objective points are based on weapon spawn locations and will be active one at a time. Points are awarded each second that a team controls one of the objectives with a maximum of 60 points to be split between the two teams for each point. Once an objective has been drained, the next is selected at random.

Winning scores can be adjusted by the players with a minimum of 120 and a maximum of 480. First one to reach the score wins, regardless of the number of kills either team accumulates. Respawns are set to infinite, but they come in waves every 15 seconds rather than being based on when a particular player dies.

The amount of player customization goes further than the winning score. Adjustable options include:

Selected Map: Which map or series of maps to use.

Number of Rounds: Number of rounds required to win the match.

Bleed-out Duration: Amount of time before a player dies while DBNO.

Round Score: Number of points required to win a round.

Friendly Fire: In a player match, whether teammates can damage each other.

Private Slots: In a player match, number of player slots reserved for friend invites.

Weapons Swapped: In a player match, whether the person who sets up the match can determine whether weapons that appear in the maps are replaced or removed.

All of this alongside patches and bug fixes is hopefully just a few days away if the unconfirmed release date of April 9 holds

Sounds intresting but the glitching is now killing this game they need to sort it out online now.

Sounds intresting but the glitching is now killing this game they need to sort it out online now.

The new patch sounds interesting, new game mode not to dissimilar from COD3.

Was going to say something about the glitching, it absolutely does my ****in head in, the chainsaw one in particular and also the running shoot. Surely they can sort this out in the patches or is it to do with the code that is on the actual disk and therefore cannot be changed?

Also, was playing on 'Clock Tower' last night with a load of yanks (unfortunately) and all the would do is the glitch by the BoomShot where you can get underneath the level and then not even bother to kill each other just wait until the round was over. I managed to kill them a couple of times so they couldn't do this but the times where I was waiting for them to finish ****in around, I just spent filing complaints against the sad twats!

Most online shooters have a territory based game already so it did seem strange that this was not already in the game also like capture the flag. GRAW 2 has some interesting MP game modes. I played bounty hunter last night, players appear as a target on the map by a red pointer. While you are chasing your target other players have you as their target, so everyone is chasing different targets. I thought this was a good idea and was fun to play. I was often chasing my target only to come up against people who wanted to kill me.

I know what you mean unless you can get a room full of trusted friends that don't glitch, online now becomes a chore.

I get the feeling that it is in the code which is why they did not sort it out the first time. I hope I am wrong and that they will tighten it up. We will have to wait and see with the new patch.

Fingers crossed though.

Some change to the Assassination mode too: looks good after the changes...
-everyone can pick up weapons not just the leader.
-like warzone for all, except leaders who have execution properties so can be downed 3 times before dying

Anyone had a go on Annex yet?

Been playing it quite a bit today, even got a new e-mail address so I could play it as my Live had expired.

New gamertag - LCFC MATT

NO :098:

:098: F**king xbox won't play any f**king disc sent back to M$ :098:

God i have withdrawl sympthoms already and its only been a day :icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687