Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
i no longer have that gun with the chainsaw on it just another machine gun-anyway can i get that back:102:

Last edited:
you have two slots on the d-pad for machine guns or other large weapons if you don't have either of these equipped at the time then it will not let you pick them up. So change from your pistol or grenades and it should pick them up.

****in' amazing!!! My mate bought a 360 today and have just been playing Gears of War for about the past 6/7 hours until Match of The Day! Thankfully, I'm getting paid from the trusty Student Loans Company on Monday so if I can get a decent trade for my PS2 and PSP I will be putting some of that loan to excellent use!! May just get one anyway, I mean, you gotta do something with the money!! :D

Welcome to the club if you do.

Not sure about trade for the PS2 with the release of the PS3 in the offing that may have bought the price down. I would have thought you would get a decent price for a PSP.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club if you do.

Not sure about trade for the PS2 with the release of the PS3 in the offing that may have bought the price down. I would have thought you would get a decent price for a PSP.

Well my mate got 93 quid for an un-boxed old school PS2 with a few games and I got a slim-line which is in mint condition with box and a few more games than he had so it should be all good. Just need to get a better TV first really though, I cannot justify the outlay to play 360 on a 14", although there are 2 24"+ TVs in the living room, don't really want to have to play with 8 other people all the time!!

Well my mate got 93 quid for an un-boxed old school PS2 with a few games and I got a slim-line which is in mint condition with box and a few more games than he had so it should be all good. Just need to get a better TV first really though, I cannot justify the outlay to play 360 on a 14", although there are 2 24"+ TVs in the living room, don't really want to have to play with 8 other people all the time!!
if you have a compatible pc monitor i recommend-maybe not as good as hd but miles better then a standard tv connection-and the price is student friendly!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-VG...1_11/026-8724732-1152461?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

I have just read an article in XBOX360 that states:

1.) That GoW has set two records to date the fastest selling game of 2006 and the fastest-selling Xbox tile ever.

2.) 850,000 people play Gears on-line taking part in over 10 million game-play sessions. I guess that is ranked matches as they supposedly don't record the stats of The player matches or do they logged the sessions on the servers?

MS are quoted that they wanted to "establish Marcus Phoenix as the hero of the Gears of War Trilogy"

To which the Epic VP is quoted as saying that they are not going to limit it to a trilogy if people enjoy the games they are going to give the consumers what they want (great games with Phoenix and Delta squad).

He also went on to say that at the moment Epic are focusing solely on Gears 1 and have come up with some great enhancements that we will be seeing soon :038:

Can't wait

Mic Glitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuck in rib cages of chainsawed enemies
Counter stuck on countdown in ranked match
Lag
More maps
More game types (warzone, assassination and Execution aren't enough)
Under the map glitch

I would like to see these things sorted out. If there are more additions then excellent, but glitches must take priority

Well, I have got a laptop that can be linked to a TV or Monitor simultaneously, would I be able to hook-up the 360 to that and play it through that? Its one whole inch bigger than the TV in my room and I'm sure it would be much sharper! Cheers for the advice DD!
I have everything ready to go as well, the finance for the 360 and wireless connection for Xbox Live, just need something decent to display the fine piece of art!

Well, I have got a laptop that can be linked to a TV or Monitor simultaneously, would I be able to hook-up the 360 to that and play it through that? Its one whole inch bigger than the TV in my room and I'm sure it would be much sharper! Cheers for the advice DD!
I have everything ready to go as well, the finance for the 360 and wireless connection for Xbox Live, just need something decent to display the fine piece of art!

you would need an input on your laptop which its unlikely youve got tbh

This was posted on another forum I belong to:

New downloadable content for the Xbox 360 exclusive “Gears of War" is on the way and what better way to celebrate the New Year than to meet friends new and old online and greet them with the sounds of a chainsaw? Sponsored by the Discovery Channel, the complimentary new content will be available for download via Xbox Live Marketplace early Thursday morning, January 11.

Below, please find descriptions of the new maps:

Raven Down: A Raven Helicopter has gone down in the middle of a large scale battle with the omnipresent Locust Horde. Gears have taken out the Seeder and gamers join Delta Forces moving into the crash site from all angles to search for survivors.

Old Bones: In an attempt to eradicate any traces of human history and culture, the Locust Horde has emerged under Sera’s Capitaline Museums and has begun to destroy them brick by brick. Each gamer’s mission is to help the Delta Force recapture the museums before all remnants of humankind’s existence are obliterated.

The whole article can be read http://www.mygen.com.au/article.php?page_id=20876975110181063&se_id=29&format=2 with pictures :038:

Excellent :038:

I've also read that the date is moved forward to Weds and there is a patch on the way as well same day

Going to get a 360 later today, just sorting out all the PS2 and PSP stuff then I can race away!! I'm getting it from Gamestation where I can trade in my old stuff and get a deal for £340 which gets me the 360 with the hard drive, 2 wireless controllers, Project Gothem Racing and any 3 new games of my choice. Hopefully they have Gears of War, and Call of Duty 3 and not sure what else to get. Was thinking of Pro Evo 6 but its only £25 and would want to try and get another £50 game to take full advantage of the offer!!

There was a stock problem with Gears when released and the run up to Chrimbo, but most shops I have been into since have had a good stock.

Rainbow is good too, as well as Madden or the NHL2k7 and NBA2k7 if you like other sports titles.

PES rocks though as well.

That is not a bad deal though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675