Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a stock problem with Gears when released and the run up to Chrimbo, but most shops I have been into since have had a good stock.

Rainbow is good too, as well as Madden or the NHL2k7 and NBA2k7 if you like other sports titles.

PES rocks though as well.

That is not a bad deal though.

Yeah I love PES, but put-off by the lack of an edit function so I've herd and therefore you have to have all the fake names and kits. Also, we have it on PS2 it the house so can just play it on that as I only really play multi-player anyway. Just going to go for what I think looks best, would say I'll say what I got when I get back, but doubt I will be around until my break at uni tomorrow afternoon!!

Also must add, it is not worth getting FIFA just for the license, its very un-realistic compared to PES and is far too easy!!

Last edited:
I'm defo a PES player - If you get online you will have to give us a shout with your gamertag!

Details on the update cand be found here: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=560548

Grenade tagging distance reduced :icon_cry:

The invincible chainsaw not changed :098:

Mic glitch fixed :biggrin:

but it is all free :038:

1st post is posted but it is from Epic VC who is quoted in the XBOX360 mag:

A Gears of War update should start pushing through the system at some point tomorrow, Tuesday January 9, 2007 prior to the two new multiplayer maps being available on Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday January 10, 2007.

The maps, plus an introductory video featuring Gears designer Cliff Bleszinski, are free thanks to the kind sponsorship by the Discovery Channel's Future Weapons series which launches next Monday January 15th, 2007. Be sure to check out the show to see some really cool firepower. I expect game designers all across the country will be watching the Future Weapons series very carefully looking for ideas for their future games

Here is a list of what was addressed in this update:

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
• Added additional cheat detection code
• Additional housekeeping updates

BTW, click here to check out Discovery Channel's Future Weapons series. Be sure to check out the Weapons Zones and see some of the amazing things they showed last season. There was a huge email thread going around Epic about the Metalstorm (which they say is the "potentially the world's most powerful automatic weapon"). It is lacking a chainsaw for close-up combat but it is still pretty cool

Back to me

I am not sure how you can kill Raam with the Trokia guns but fair play for whoever did..

The only way I can see it is in co-op, one stays at the guns and the other goes through the door to take on Raam alone

Last edited:
Just about to post this myself from the Epic GOW forum

Last edited:
Just read the thread and Epic come in for a right bashing on removing the name of the host with ranked matches, no party like Halo2 so friends can still play ranked together, no clan support or league, chainsaw not being reduced like the tag and also how the invincibility of the chainsawer when going through the animation.

Epic's VP stated on the 10 page that its only the first patch..... no other details as to when or what though :icon_eek:

Last edited:
Just read the thread and Epic come in for a right bashing on removing the name of the host with ranked matches, no party like Halo2 so friends can still play ranked together, no clan support or league, chainsaw not being reduced like the tag and also how the invincibility of the chainsawer when going through the animation.

Epic's VP stated on the 10 page that its only the first patch..... no other details as to when or what though :icon_eek:
I've read it. I don't understand all the criticism TBH, it pisses me off in a ranked match and all the idiots are asking you to go on another team to play together. That is what player matches are for.

It does look like epic are working on some sort of ranked friend/clan match system though.

Do you think the 2 new maps are different game types?, I haven't been able to see anything on the Epic forums, but the description sounds unlike the type we are used to

Last edited:
F00KIN LEAF BANG!!

Got it and been playing solid for about the last 4 hours!! Got Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, Project Gotham and Splinter Cell!! Anyway, thats enough for now, must get back to Gears of War!!

KLF : I should be getting Pro Evo within a couple of weeks, just need to sell my 27 PS2 games on ebay first to raise some mullah!! And will definitely been on Xbox Live, I got a month free with it and will definitely extend that once it expires!! Even though I have never played Xbox live before!!

Last edited:
F00KIN LEAF BANG!!

Got it and been playing solid for about the last 4 hours!! Got Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, Project Gotham and Splinter Cell!! Anyway, thats enough for now, must get back to Gears of War!!

KLF : I should be getting Pro Evo within a couple of weeks, just need to sell my 27 PS2 games on ebay first to raise some mullah!! And will definitely been on Xbox Live, I got a month free with it and will definitely extend that once it expires!! Even though I have never played Xbox live before!!
What's your gamertag Matt?

it stumped me for a while but its pretty straight forward, just entice her to smash the doors, ducking out of the way at the last minute. Your biggest issue is that uselss fecker 'Dom' who needs saving every 30 seconds :icon_roll

I can vouch for that...the amount of time he curses that "useless fecker Dom" is untrue :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

F00KIN LEAF BANG!!

Yeah Splinter cell is a good game too, i forgot about that one, glad to see you like your new toy.

Once you get on live mate you won't want to do anything else - trust me.

Give us a shout when you have you gamer tag - we might need to sheet up a clan named talking balls soon?

Last edited:
its like raaaaaaaaaain on your wedding day..........:icon_wink

it's like a freeeeeeeee riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide but you've already paid

For anyone unfamiliar with this song here are the full lyrics, feel free to join in next time it gets started on here.

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic ... don't you think
Chorus

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought ... it figures

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
'Well isn't this nice...'
And isn't it ironic ... don't you think
Repeat Chorus

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face

It's a traffic jam when you're already late
It's a no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic... don't you think
A little too ironic... and yeah I really do think...
Repeat Chorus

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out
Helping you out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00