General Election 7th May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that we've another two weeks at least of vile, backstabbing, hypocritical horse trading to cone before we get a government

Happy days

Vote homer
Yeah, they'll all be fighting over who get to tup Wee Jimmy Krankie first.

Looks like a high turnout here at least, please do exercise your freedoms as you see fit.

I used to work as a polling clerk many years ago, and it's a very long day!

I did that last year, working under Mrs Jeff, the presiding officer. She's going to have something like a 23 hour working day today, with no proper break. After locking up the polling station she's going to be counting votes for the general election and city council election.

I did that last year, working under Mrs Jeff, the presiding officer. She's going to have something like a 23 hour working day today, with no proper break. After locking up the polling station she's going to be counting votes for the general election and city council election.

She should do what my lad's Science teacher does with marking and just make it up, no one cares.

I'm sure she'd like to do that, but the candidates will be standing right behind them watching what's going on.

As if them pillocks have a clue

Get paid pretty generously for it though, well you do down here at least!

Except that we've another two weeks at least of vile, backstabbing, hypocritical horse trading to cone before we get a government

Happy days

Vote homer

The odds are that you are right. However, there is another scenario that is more complex.

My understanding is that David Cameron stays as Prime Minister until he knows he cannot command a majority in the House of Commons. In theory this could wait for the Queen's Speech but in practice would be well before that.
If Cameron feels he cannot command a majority then he resigns and the Queen sends for Ed Miliband.

In 2010 it was relatively easy. The LibDems got a lot of seats and are the whores of British politics (deliberate provocation). They were willing to "get in bed" with either side in return for an electoral reform that would make them permanently part of the government.

It may be naïve but I believe the SNP Greens and UKIP do have principles. It would be almost impossible for the SNP and Greens to support the Conservatives. The attitude of Labour and the LibDems to Europe is so supine that it would be impossible for UKIP to work with them.

My question and I am genuinely puzzled is this "What happens if both Cameron and Miliband find themselves unable to form a government?"

The odds are that you are right. However, there is another scenario that is more complex.

My understanding is that David Cameron stays as Prime Minister until he knows he cannot command a majority in the House of Commons. In theory this could wait for the Queen's Speech but in practice would be well before that.
If Cameron feels he cannot command a majority then he resigns and the Queen sends for Ed Miliband.

In 2010 it was relatively easy. The LibDems got a lot of seats and are the whores of British politics (deliberate provocation). They were willing to "get in bed" with either side in return for an electoral reform that would make them permanently part of the government.

It may be naïve but I believe the SNP Greens and UKIP do have principles. It would be almost impossible for the SNP and Greens to support the Conservatives. The attitude of Labour and the LibDems to Europe is so supine that it would be impossible for UKIP to work with them.

My question and I am genuinely puzzled is this "What happens if both Cameron and Miliband find themselves unable to form a government?"
You'll have a Polish Parliament.

If both Cameron and Miliband,both having tried to go for a minority government, lose confidence votes then we have another general election. Smaller parties are sometimes wary of that, because usually they get punished by the public for putting us all through it again.

You forget, we're in favour of legalised prostitution as a way for whores to band together so they can escape violence from their pimps and their clients.

Xxx

Last edited:
If both Cameron and Miliband,both having tried to go for a minority government, lose confidence votes then we have another general election. Smaller parties are sometimes wary of that, because usually they get punished by the public for putting us all through it again.
The Labour party are as well, because they know the Tories have the cash to fight again.

Facebook is amusing today - I've never seen so many people claim to be working class and needing to stick together (despite their villas abroad and extra properties here that they rent out).

When it comes down to it, I have voted for the party that will provide the most benefit to me - being working class has sod all to do with it.

If you're not doing so well, vote for a better life for yourself.

If you're doing quite nicely, vote for a better life for others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670