Injury News General Injury Updates

Wilf out for a wee bit, misses QPR, possibly more but nothing serious.

Cannon training with first team, but being handled carefully.

Kasey close, may make the squad tomorrow.

No update on Praet. Still out.

Generally speaking we are light in midfield in my opinion. Can't seem to get a rest to Winks or KDH.

Wilf out for a wee bit, misses QPR, possibly more but nothing serious.

Cannon training with first team, but being handled carefully.

Kasey close, may make the squad tomorrow.

No update on Praet. Still out.

Generally speaking we are light in midfield in my opinion. Can't seem to get a rest to Winks or KDH.
Hopefully Winks and KDH will rest in the game tomorrow

I wouldn't be rushing to rest most of our players as yet. The international breaks, which we all dislike, are doing us a favour and giving the likes of Winks, KDH and Vestergaard regular rest at the moment.
It’s more the impending suspension for the Leeds game if KDH or Winks get booked tomorrow.

It’s more the impending suspension for the Leeds game if KDH or Winks get booked tomorrow.
Why are Leeds being touted as a 'big' game? They've been shit for many a game this season and I don't think we need to mess about resting players to make sure they are fit or available for that specific game. We should be beating that lot without Winks or KDH if it comes to it. Momentum is a wonderful engine.

Why are Leeds being touted as a 'big' game? They've been shit for many a game this season and I don't think we need to mess about resting players to make sure they are fit or available for that specific game. We should be beating that lot without Winks or KDH if it comes to it. Momentum is a wonderful engine.

Well they're 3rd in the league you see, while we are 1st.

In the Championship, the top two teams at the end of the season get promoted automatically. Meanwhile the teams that finish 3rd-6th have to enter something called "the playoffs" which is a bit of a wildcard at the end of the season and you never know whether you can recall Joey for them or not, so it's best avoided if you can.

As we would rather get automatic promotion than enter the playoffs, and to do so we need to stay ahead of 3rd place, which we can achieve by getting more points than they do, then it makes sense that our games against the current 3rd placed team, would have extra importance. As they are, as the table would have it, the biggest threat at any given time to our place in the top two positions of the league. Anytime we, as 1st placed team, beat a team in 3rd place, we're increasing our chances of promotion significantly.

I hope that helps x

I would expect both Winks and KDH to be able to avoid a booking against QPR, a little like how players play within themselves having already been booked in a game.

they're 3rd in the league you see, while we are 1st.
Didn't I hear that they're nearer to the relegation places than they are to us?

Well they're 3rd in the league you see, while we are 1st.

In the Championship, the top two teams at the end of the season get promoted automatically. Meanwhile the teams that finish 3rd-6th have to enter something called "the playoffs" which is a bit of a wildcard at the end of the season and you never know whether you can recall Joey for them or not, so it's best avoided if you can.

As we would rather get automatic promotion than enter the playoffs, and to do so we need to stay ahead of 3rd place, which we can achieve by getting more points than they do, then it makes sense that our games against the current 3rd placed team, would have extra importance. As they are, as the table would have it, the biggest threat at any given time to our place in the top two positions of the league. Anytime we, as 1st placed team, beat a team in 3rd place, we're increasing our chances of promotion significantly.

I hope that helps x
As much as you show some understanding of process, you show very little if any understanding of the point that was being made. Where Leeds sit in the table is irrelevant to whether we need to 'rest' players ro beat them; we don't. They are still a considerable many points behind us and we still have a considerably better squad of players than they do, thus, 'saving' players specifically for this game because they may be a little better than, a few dreadful teams makes no sense. This is the same Leeds team that may have been Ipswich (whilst still conceding 3) but who have also drawn with Sheff Weds and Cardiff, and lost to Saints and Stoke whilst being luck to sneak a win against Bristol City.

We don't need to save players like it's sone massive game, it really isn't. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is always a pretty dumb idea.

There, now that I've explained it a little more simply for you, it may make my first post a little easier for you to comprehend. Feel free to wind your yourself back up, turn around and have another go though.

They've also been good this season. They won at Ipswich. It's potentially one of the most difficult games we'll have this season.
They did win at Ipswich, but conceded three times. They have also drawn against Cardiff. And Sheffield Wednesday. And lost to Saints. And Stoke. And scraped past a poor Bristol City side who should have had a least a point out of that game.

Like I say, saving players for this game with the situation as it stands is wafflebollocks. We are going to lose a few this season so let's at least try and win the easiest ones by playing our better players instead of leaving them out in case Leeds happen to turn up for this game.

Win your home games + win your away games = promotion form

Just smash em all Rola Guardiola.

Cannon could be in the squad against Boro but not ready for a full 90 mins

Praet is back in training and should be available after the international break.

Wilf and Yunus out but hopefully back after international break.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463