Generation Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volpone

Six generations of my family have watched City play. I'm curious to know if any members can beat that.

How many generations of your family have watched LCFC?

Two. Do we get extra points for being scandinavian?

3 in one go, 5 that I aware of, will hopefully be 6

This is so embarrassing. I miscounted my own family.

I can only claim 5 generations. My grandfather, my father, myself, my son and my grandson. Still not bad though.

This is so embarrassing. I miscounted my own family.

I can only claim 5 generations. My grandfather, my father, myself, my son and my grandson. Still not bad though.

I guess this counting lark can get quite tricky when you have to use two hands and are at least 110 years old!! :icon_wink

Five or six generations is wonderful.

I will be boring and make a serious point. Leicester City is part of the collective memory of the Volpone family. I wrote to an elderly American friend who had fought and lost friends in Korea explaining about the helicopter and the veterans at the match near Remembrance Day saying that for many Europeans the soul of a city is in its "soccer" club . Leicester's memorial garden has a plaque to a young man who was killed in Iraq giving the parents a tangible place to visit - the club chaplain did a moving little speech. Being a football supporter involves an emotional commitment that is more than liking some TV talent show or preferring one brand of chocolate over another.

I may be being unfair but for all I know the Volpone family may never visit the King Richard III centre or the Guild Hall but Leicester City is part of their family heritage and just as valid.

Five or six generations is wonderful.

I will be boring and make a serious point. Leicester City is part of the collective memory of the Volpone family. I wrote to an elderly American friend who had fought and lost friends in Korea explaining about the helicopter and the veterans at the match near Remembrance Day saying that for many Europeans the soul of a city is in its "soccer" club . Leicester's memorial garden has a plaque to a young man who was killed in Iraq giving the parents a tangible place to visit - the club chaplain did a moving little speech. Being a football supporter involves an emotional commitment that is more than liking some TV talent show or preferring one brand of chocolate over another.

I may be being unfair but for all I know the Volpone family may never visit the King Richard III centre or the Guild Hall but Leicester City is part of their family heritage and just as valid.

The missus and me are planning to go but the KR3 is shut at the moment for a refurb.

I do agree that there is something incredibly 'lodged' in fans hearts when it comes to supporting their local team...god sometimes I wish it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669