Geordies - bad timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jb5000 said:
I can't see Newell, Cottrill or Davies getting the Newcastle job either, but it can still have a knock-on effect on these managers.

Let's say Newcastle go for Sam Alladyce, Bolton will then need a new manager, they're unlikely to be able to attract the biggest name managers and may well want to keep faith with going with young talented British managers.

Like Newell, Cottrill and Davies...

And stop calling each other koontz.

That's a bit of a compliment really, I've read some of Koontz books, scary stuff!

Yorkshire Vixen said:
fair point matt but whats the point in all that if they arent going to win any silverware

they will, its just that they have had the worst injuries vertually ever!! if they have all there players fit next season and buy some new defenders they cud be an outside tip next year maybe, owen is amazing, as is scot parker and emre, i think a lot of managers would jump at the chance to go there, so much potential

I dont think you can call a club massive purely on the fact they spend alot of money, especially when they end up with nothing to show for it. id call that a stupid club. but still yes people will find this possition very attractive.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
they will, its just that they have had the worst injuries vertually ever!!
What about the previous thirty-nine years - that's some injury crisis ffs. And are Parker and Emre two of the " World class " players you were alluding to. Newcastle are massive on Tyneside - nowhere else.:075:

lako42 said:
I dont think you can call a club massive purely on the fact they spend alot of money, especially when they end up with nothing to show for it. id call that a stupid club. but still yes people will find this possition very attractive.

A stupid club perhaps for backing poor managers, but any manager with confidence will believe he can use those resources to achieve success.

Newcastle are a big club in terms of pottential. compared to the premierships 'average clubs' like Bolton, Charlton, Everton etc i would say Newcastle have a better chance of lasting success than any of those.

I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle go for a short term fix until the end of the season and then move for Erickson.Or possibly even reappoint Keegan after all he's been their most succesful Manager for sometime and now hes got a bit more expierience than when he managed them first time round.All guess work though.:102:

Feriol said:
A stupid club perhaps for backing poor managers, but any manager with confidence will believe he can use those resources to achieve success.

Newcastle are a big club in terms of pottential. compared to the premierships 'average clubs' like Bolton, Charlton, Everton etc i would say Newcastle have a better chance of lasting success than any of those.

They also have a massive fanbase.

Real Sharapova said:
What about the previous thirty-nine years - that's some injury crisis ffs. And are Parker and Emre two of the " World class " players you were alluding to. Newcastle are massive on Tyneside - nowhere else.:075:

well wen u get those to fit, you wont get much better than them, parkers tipped to take over in midfield for england when gerrard/lamps deteriorate, emre has got one of the best left foots in the prem and has scored some amazing goals in his career, then you got luque on left wing who madrid and barca were lookin at wen he went to newcastle, dyer on the right if he can have a hamstring transplant can be as good as any right winger, owen and shearer up front pretty much self explanitory, shay given in goal is one if not the worlds best, and as i said before if they sort out there defence they could be a darkhorse next year, steven taylor will play for england in a few years amazing defender, steve carr is a solid right back and peter ramage aint bad either. plus they got bowyer, n'zogbia and solano as well, if they have a few more players which they will do cus they always have money to spend cus they get so much money thru attendance, a good manager they will be a team to be warry of! please don't say newcastle are not a big club cus they are, why are they linked with managers like sven, big sam, o'neill, oh yeah thats why cus they are shit managers who big clubs wud not want to as there manager!!

Feriol said:
But they have not had any success in the last forty years - it's hardly a great track record is it? And as for the fantastic fan base - they regularly used to draw 14,000 in the 80's. They have got a very high opinion of themselves, but the facts don't back it up.

ok if newcastle are not a big club, name the 'big clubs'

Real Sharapova said:
But they have not had any success in the last forty years - it's hardly a great track record is it? And as for the fantastic fan base - they regularly used to draw 14,000 in the 80's. They have got a very high opinion of themselves, but the facts don't back it up.

You say they think too highly of themselves

I Beleive they consistently under-achieve.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
well wen u get those to fit, you wont get much better than them, parkers tipped to take over in midfield for england when gerrard/lamps deteriorate, emre has got one of the best left foots in the prem and has scored some amazing goals in his career, then you got luque on left wing who madrid and barca were lookin at wen he went to newcastle, dyer on the right if he can have a hamstring transplant can be as good as any right winger, owen and shearer up front pretty much self explanitory, shay given in goal is one if not the worlds best, and as i said before if they sort out there defence they could be a darkhorse next year, steven taylor will play for england in a few years amazing defender, steve carr is a solid right back and peter ramage aint bad either. plus they got bowyer, n'zogbia and solano as well, if they have a few more players which they will do cus they always have money to spend cus they get so much money thru attendance, a good manager they will be a team to be warry of! please don't say newcastle are not a big club cus they are, why are they linked with managers like sven, big sam, o'neill, oh yeah thats why cus they are shit managers who big clubs wud not want to as there manager!!
World Class that lot????? Who's tipped Parker - his mum? Luque - he's been a great success hasn't he? Dyer - good at vidoeing himself shagging slappers in Ibiza, over-rated footballer, now completely knackered. Shay Given - the world's best, you say? Does the world end at the North Sea? Newcastle were trying to give Bowyer away on a free to Blackburn during the transfer window, but it fell through as he wouldn't take a wage cut - he is definatley not part of the bright Newcastle future you predict. Shearer, retiring at the end of the season. Owen only there to play first team football prior to the World Cup, and the money, of course. He'll be back at Liverpool sooner rather than later. Solano - Villa reject. Crumbs, I'd hate to see an ordinary squad compared to the " World Class " Newcastle squad.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
ok if newcastle are not a big club, name the 'big clubs'
You called them a " Massive " club. It's up to you to back that statement up, or to admit you may have been a tad over the top in that description - at the risk of repeating myself, forty years, no silverware.

Real Sharapova said:
World Class that lot????? Who's tipped Parker - his mum? Luque - he's been a great success hasn't he? Dyer - good at vidoeing himself shagging slappers in Ibiza, over-rated footballer, now completely knackered. Shay Given - the world's best, you say? Does the world end at the North Sea? Newcastle were trying to give Bowyer away on a free to Blackburn during the transfer window, but it fell through as he wouldn't take a wage cut - he is definatley not part of the bright Newcastle future you predict. Shearer, retiring at the end of the season. Owen only there to play first team football prior to the World Cup, and the money, of course. He'll be back at Liverpool sooner rather than later. Solano - Villa reject. Crumbs, I'd hate to see an ordinary squad compared to the " World Class " Newcastle squad.

think wot u like, but luque has been injured since he got there, owens there and thats all that counts they got him he scores for them wen hes not injured, u say dyers nackered wud be good if he weren't in other words and bowyer is a v.good player. as i said name these big clubs cus i can only say that man utd, chelsea and maybe arsenal are definately 'bigger' clubs than newcastle and surely there are more than 3 big clubs in the whole of england, get real luv!
oh yeah and given is a fukkin amazing goal keeper, he is probs there most important player to them

Last edited:
Real Sharapova said:

They rely too much on names and reputations, but i suppose the fans wouldn't be happy without big name signings.

they do have some very good players, they just need someone to build a 'team'. they have the money, they just need the right man in charge.

Real Sharapova said:
at the risk of repeating myself, forty years, no silverware.

so becuase they haven't won anything, they are a small club? No. in your reasoning we are a bigger club than them cus we won a couple of league cups, but why wont michael owen play for us or any of their players? we're going round in circles now, i think they are a big club u don't, we will leave it at that.....

but im right!!

matt_c0nn0lly said:
oh yeah and given is a fukkin amazing goal keeper, he is probs there most important player to them
Just for once I'll agree with you, mind he gets plenty of practice with the " World Class" collection of ten donkeys in front of him.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
so becuase they haven't won anything, they are a small club? No. in your reasoning we are a bigger club than them cus we won a couple of league cups, but why wont michael owen play for us or any of their players? we're going round in circles now, i think they are a big club u don't, we will leave it at that.....

but im right!!
When did I mention Leicester? What is this to do with Leicester? This is all about your idiotic assertation that Newcastle are " Massive " and have " World Class " players. Look at their trophy cabinet and Titus Bramble, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00